Book Review - Predatory Thinking

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Adeline Morior
Moontrimmer

Book Review - Predatory Thinking

Post by Adeline Morior »

Title of the book: Predatory Thinking: A Masterclass in Out-Thinking the Competition
Author: Dave Trott
Genres: Nonfiction/Psychology/Self Help/Philosophy/Personal Development/Design/Entrepreneurship/Business/Management
Published: May 23, 2013

Short summary of the story: Note that the word 'predatory' refers to an opportunistic and resourceful mindset when taking on challenges. The book refers to a lot of strong ways of challenging any form of situation and opportunities. It refers to stories of historical geniuses in their own right and how they used their situations to think creatively and out of the box to challenge and overcome.

From Goodreads:
Powerful strategies for how to out-think the competition - from one of the true greats of the advertising world.
Good points / bad points: Loads of wonderful historical and current references and short stories. Easy to read and so many good advice to quote as motivationals.

Review: The book doesn’t just have to be used for advertising and in business but can apply to any challenges and opportunities in one's life. It is short and easy to read. The lessons are simple and easy to understand. I found myself wanting to write down and quote almost everything in it. It has a great way of motivating and exciting one to get up and chase those opportunities and to solve any problem that comes your way. I personally think this is a book that will do anyone who reads it really good.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “The Bookshelf”