Cleansweep One

Book Review: The Maze Runner

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Series: The Maze Runner series
Genres: Thriller, dystopian, science fiction, adventure
Summary of story:
The Maze Runner is about these teenage boys who are put in this maze. They build a community and try to solve the maze and find a way out. While there, a new boy, Thomas, arrives. The boys come to the glade (the place they live) with their memories wiped and no knowledge of their previous lives. Thomas doesn't remember anything and soon after a girl arrives. The girl says that she triggered the ending and weird things start to happen. The group starts to blame Thomas and the girl until Thomas figures out how to escape from the maze. The plan works and they escape only to be in the grip of the people who put them in there. In the end, another group "rescues" them and the book ends on a cliffhanger. I absolutely love The Maze Runner :D It wasn't a slow read and it was never boring, lots of action. There are many sequels/prequels written as well after this book.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Re: Book Review: The Maze Runner

Post by Louis Walles »

I agree 100% The book it's way better than the movie, which was released in 2014. The biggest plus of the book is that it has way more interesting information and scenes than the movie. Also, the way the book ends is very different than the movie. The book intrigued me to buy the whole trilogy and then two extra books which were released in 2012 and 2016. To be honest, the first book made me a bit negative towards Theresa and Thomas. In the beginning, I found him a bit annoying, but towards the end, I kind of started agreeing with him and started to like him. Overall, a very good book and an excellent trilogy which is easy to read.
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

I agree with Iverian and Charlie, it was a good book to read, and it wasn't too slow or fast of a read.

This book is about a group of teenage boys and a teenage girl, who have all forgotten everything about their lives before the maze, trying to survive in a maze and find a way out.

Good/Bad points

The pacing of the book was good. I think they developed the characters personalities well. I liked how people had flashbacks of their lives before the maze, and those flashbacks effect how they approach and react to the rest of the teenagers around them, it can also effect who they like or dislike. I also like how the book shows people working together in tough circumstances and developing rules to ensure their survival.

It ended on a cliffhanger, which I wasn't a fan of, but there are sequels. There have been movies made based on the books.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Series: The Maze Runner series
Genres: Thriller, dystopian, science fiction, adventure
Summary of story: When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He’s surrounded by strangers—boys whose memories are also gone.

Good and Bad Points:
First of all, the idea for this book was great and awesome. The idea of staying in the Glade and having monsters outside the great wall was intriguing. The book is better than the movie, but the movie itself was already great. I was curious and the plot kept me reading and I couldn't stop that. Every moment of them was very worth it and you shouldn't skip any of them. And I have to agree with the others who have given the reviews for this book. It was never boring, very tense, and very interesting to read.

Return to “The Bookshelf”