Vanessa Tilley
Moontrimmer

Presenting Author: Michael Buckley

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Name of the author: Michael Buckley
Main genre: Fantasy
Main audience: Young adults on
Main books: The Sister's Grimm

Short summary of the author: Michael Buckley was born in 1969 in the awesome Akron, Ohio and he received his degree from Ohio University. Michael Buckley started out in the world of television by getting an internship at the Late Show with David Letterman and then went on to working on documentaries. Michael Buckley then went on to do some stand up comedy before he started writing the amazing Sister's Grimm series in 2005. Since writing Sister's Grimm, Michael Buckley has gone on to write for the television shows Robotomy on Cartoon Network and is working on a screenplay for an animated feature called N.E.R.D.S.

Good points / bad points: Michael Buckley does an amazing job reimagining the classic fairy tales stories that we all know and love. I love seeing the twists he incorporates into each well known character so it makes you see them in a new light such as Prince Charming and Little Red Riding Hood to name a few small few.

I love the Michael is able to create this believable place called Ferryport Landing full of interesting fairy tale and storybook characters! I would love to visit one day though I don't think I would enjoy living there lol.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Vanessa Tilley
Moontrimmer

Re: Presenting Author: Michael Buckley

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Title of the book: The Sister's Grimm: The Unusual Suspect
Author: Michael Buckley
Series: The Sister's Grimm - Book #2
Genres: Fantasy

Summary
From Goodreads:
Orphaned sisters Sabrina and Daphne are sent to live with their mysterious grandmother. The girls start school, and Daphne is lucky to get Snow White for a teacher, but Sabrina is stuck with mean Mr Grumpner and a class of mildly psychotic sixth graders. When Mr Grumpner is murdered, the sisters must discover which Everafter is responsible.
Thoughts:
Another wonderful book in The Sister’s Grimm series! I am in love with all the characters and watching different facets of their personalities come out. I relate to each and every one in my own way. Puck has got to be my absolute favorite because he acts so much like I imagine he would in William Shakespeare's works.

I love all the twists and surprises along the way and there are many in this novel. I am gong to have to start reading book 3 because I hate cliffhangers lol.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Return to “The Bookshelf”