No broom

Book review- The Silmarillion

Post by Emanuel Hines »

Title of the book: The Silmarillion
Authors:J.R.R Tolkien
Series:
Genres: Fantasy, history
Short summary of the story:
It follows the mythology of the world J. R. R. Tolkien created. There is good verses evil in all its forms. The ultimate evil comes in the form of the most powerful and beautiful Ainur, Melkor. He is exiled because of his lust for power and his rebellion in trying to grasp it. He wages wars on Middle Earth that transforms the calm surface into dangerous mountains and craters. He creates monsters that kill and terrorize. His worst damage is done when he subversives Men and Elves with lies that set them apart from each other and breeds mistrust.

Although The Silmarillion can be a long and difficult book to follow, (my brother and my sister both ended it before coming to the real end- I read it twice!) it is also a perfect way to round out the Middle Earth books. It completes the collection. If you want more of Tolkien- then read it.
Good points / bad points:
Bad point is a little too long writing style; Tolkien is a master of words, but sometimes he is too descriptive for some readers and they do not like, if there is too much describing and too less action. I do prefer both.
But with reading Silmarillion you can discover the beginning of Middle Earth, history of Elrond and Lady Galadriel, how the rings were forged and how Istari came into the Middle earth.

Return to “The Bookshelf”