Flash Fiction

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Re: Flash Fiction

Post by Emily Spencer »

In the light of the full moon, she carefully added the ingredients to the cauldron, one by one. The target of the love potion was Peter, her latest boyfriend-even if he didn't know it yet! With any luck, after tonight, he would be hers forever. (45 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

This week's words are: cave, sandwich, warning

The cave was signposted with the warning, "Toll Ahead: One Sandwich". After retrieving the payment from his satchel, the hero cleared his throat loudly. A baby cave troll scampered up to him and snatched the fare from his hand and started munching on it happily. The hero walked past unimpeded.

(50 words)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

The sign at the cave's entrance had the following warning:

"Do not feed the ogres-EVER"

I clutched the bag holding my ham sandwich close to my chest. I don't know what prompted it to be posted, but I was not about to take any chances! (45 words)
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

The words for the last Flash Fiction for the school year (we'll be back next term with something different ^_^) are: puzzle, flash, abacus

The Book Club heads gathered around the table, discussing plans for the coming term. Tarma had several flashes of inspiration for ideas that could be used. Amy fiddled with an abacus, muttering complex calculations under her breath, while Sky dutifully put the figurative puzzle pieces into order.

(47 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Puzzle flash abacus

The alchemist, her fingers shifting coloured balls on her abacus with flashing speed, looked over at the sunrise. It was a puzzle, to her, why the sun seemed to be rising in the West. [34 words]
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

The purple flash of light puzzled the young wizard. According to the calculations made on his abacus, the number of ingredients should have been correct. The potion started to foam and bubble, and he backed away hurriedly. Professor Snape was going to kill him for sure! (46 words)
Tia Ksawer
No broom

Post by Tia Ksawer »

When the clock struck four, Sophie started running down the hallway. She got to the Transfiguration class in a flash. She was puzzled when she entered the classroom, and everyone was already there. According to her abacus, the class started at five! Professor McGonagall gave Sophie a severe look as Sophie reluctantly took her place in her seat.

Return to “Book Club”