Flash Fiction

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Re: Flash Fiction

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

He had traveled a great distance in the forest to get to the location on marked on the mapwhere the tree stood. Digging his way around the tree he found the chest. He opened it to see the locket. Elated he was for he had succeed in solving the puzzle. ( 50 words )
Last edited by Lora Wallabenger on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

forest, puzzle, map

Fred looked at the map. Supposedly the forest ended soon, but when he had crested the hill, instead of a hedge bordering a lane, he saw simply miles more of forest. This was a puzzle. Where was he? [38 words]
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Raevia Ward
No broom

Post by Raevia Ward »

“I know how to read a map, he says, I can get us out of the forest no problem, he says” she stopped to kick a pebble but missed it entirely. She humphed and sat down on a rock. Damn her brother and his stupid love for puzzles and adventures. [50]
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Although she was never any good at reading maps, she signed up for the survival challenge anyway. But the puzzle became unsolvable and she got hopelessly lost in the forest. It was only a matter of time before she would fire red sparks into the air to call for help. (50 words)
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Our final words for October are....
bag of gold, voyage, flute

She jangled the bag of coins at her belt. She'd spotted him, loitering on the edge of a crowd listening to a bard tell of some hero's voyage, while someone warbled on a tin flute. She knew he wouldn't be able to resist the target she was making of herself. (50 words)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

bag of gold, voyage, flute

With this bag of gold which I earned by playing my flute, I intend to go on the voyage to Chulan and visit my people. [25 words]
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Raevia Ward
No broom

Post by Raevia Ward »

“I’ve been on this, ah, voyage for longer than you’d think. Not much entertaining on the sea you see”. She jingled the bag of gold in front of the little girl. “You want some of this, let me hear a tune from your flute”. (44 words)
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

He stared at Euterpe, the three-masted clipper named after the Greek goddess of music and lyric poetry. Its wooden figurehead wore a blue gown, a silver belt and headpiece, and held a silver flute. And for a mere bag of gold, he had purchased the voyage of a lifetime. (49 words)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Tucking his bag of gold under one arm, his magic flute under the other,he set off on his voyage to a faraway land-his first quest. Jack whispered "thank you" to the beanstalk that had made this all possible. Giants? Nothing! Bring on the adventure! (48 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

This week's words are: gears, map, insignia

The archaeologist glanced at her map and again at the ancient doors before her. She seemed to be in the right place. She traced the faded insignia on the stone and whispered some memorised words. A grinding sound started up, as though rusted gears were finally given new life.

(49 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

gears, map, insignia

Although the insignia on the uniform was that of a herbologist, the spy was actually looking for uncommon creatures. Gears in head grinding slowly, he perused the map; there should be something nearby which the firedrake liked to use as a nest. There! Found the cave, and located the firedrake! [50 words]
Raevia Ward
No broom

Post by Raevia Ward »

The four sisters found the map bearing the old queen's insignia one day when they were out for one of their "adventures". In reality, their purpose was to cause mischief and they had already messed with the gears of the central clock tower earlier that day. (46 words)
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

The team worked together like a set of well-oiled gears. They had been practicing for this day since last spring and their insignia shirts were visibly worse for wear. At daybreak they huddled over a large map, planning their final mission. (41 words)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

This weeks rolls: dungeon, cauldron, inspiration

I have been condemned to this dungeon for many ages. Nothing I have said has inspired her to any act of mercy: she is adamant that I brave that noxious cauldron. Footsteps outside. A chilling voice…
“Dan, how many times do I have to ask you to wash the dishes?” (50 words)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Raevia Ward
No broom

Post by Raevia Ward »

The first years were going to their first potions class down at the dungeons when Peeves, inspired by a clumsy student earlier, appeared out of nowhere and made them drop their cauldrons, which went barrelling down the stairs, taking a few students with them. Madam Pomfrey was furious. (48 words)
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

I am an aspiring Potioneer so I spend a great deal of time in the dungeons of Hogwarts, staring at my cauldron. And although he’s been gone for ages, I always think of Professor Snape for inspiration. Always. (38 words)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I love brewing potions, so at any given time you can find me in the dungeons, tending carefully the concoction brewing in my cauldron. My inspiration and motivation is my sister, who is a top Potioneer. I want to be just like her, so practice, practice, practice!! (50 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

dungeon, cauldron, inspiration

'Come to the dungeon!' the sign said. Wondering what to do with my Saturday evening, and looking for inspiration, when I read that strangely lettered sign, I thought – why not? However, upon arrival I saw the second sign – “Choose a cauldron to fit. The game will start soon!” [50 words]
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

dungeon, cauldron, inspiration

She rolled her eyes at her brother and returned to her cauldron and added the last ingredient. The potion gave a small hiss tuning to the light lemon color. She had a sudden inspiration to show her new invention in the potion festival that will be held at the dungeons. [50 words]
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

This week's words are: theatre, chess piece, ink

The gentleman sat back in his chair regarding the theatre performance with interest. He startled as someone brushed past him, discovering a chess piece in his lap moments later. Given the action on the stage, he was almost sure he had a target inked on his back as well.

(49 words)

Return to “Book Club”