Book Bout - The page you are reading

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Book Bout - The page you are reading

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

What book are you reading at the moment? Take a picture of the page you are reading and post it below. (Please make sure that whatever you post is HOL appropriate -- if you don't think it is right, use another book for this task!) Your photograph needs to be no larger than 600x600. (Please also include a short description of your graphic underneath it.) If you choose to write about the page you are currently reading, that's fine too. Be sure to have at least 80 words in your write-up. In addition to the 5 team points you receive for posting, you will earn 10 beans when you complete this task (which needs to be done by August 23rd).
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Re: Book Bout - The page you are reading

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Page is from Good Omes by Gaiman and Pratchett where Crowley and Aziraphale are talking about the Armageddon't after they (somewhat) helped saved the world.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Somewhat related to Maxim's post, each of the three major sections of Silent Pantheon began with quotes by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

Image shows dividing page for Book III (Resurrection).
"Mortals can only hope for death or redemption" -Terry Pratchett
"Gods are great. But the heart is greater." -Neil Gaiman

This is the cover, which I like to revisit after I finish a book. It shows how the gods appear in the mortal world with their true forms upside down below. I can fully appreciate it now that I have met all the members of the Silent Pantheon.

Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Post by Louis Walles »

Graveyard - Ed & Lorraine Warren, Robert David Chase (Polish Edition)

The Polish edition has some photos inside. I decided to take a photo of the page I'm reading and the Union Cemetery which is considered to be extremely haunted!
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Carrie Warts
No broom

Post by Carrie Warts »

This book is a big symbol of friendship and I wanted to share why.
During my trip to London with my best friend we took a HP tour and we got paired up with more people and worked together as a Hogwarts house. Amongst these people we shared with was this man, Troy, a very sweet and gentle soul who gladly shared his love for HP with me and my friend and we all became really good friends. In the end of the trip he told us he was writing a book and he sent his book signed to our house in our country. From that moment on we became friends until today :)
Thank you Ivey for my lovely first Siggy <3
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

Page 170 of Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. I apologize to my team in advance - my goal is to get through all three of the Lord of the Rings books by the end of Book Bout, so I'll likely only have these three books to contribute (if not just two...). But, I think I'm making better progress lately! These definitely take a while to learn 'how' to read them.
Amy Smith
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Smith »

Currently I am reading the third book of the Legend series by Marie Lu.
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

This is a chapter from the Adventures of Robin Hood, which I will be reviewing very soon.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

I've just begun reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows once more, in preparation for Slytherin's Read Along. It's one of my favorite books,!
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “Book Club”