Never fear, the Summer Reading Challenge has returned! This is your chance to indulge in as many books as you can manage and earn a shiny award for the pleasure. Below, you can pledge the amount of books you’d realistically like to read between July 8th and August 27th. This could be a single book or as many as 5 (or more!). Those who meet their pledged amount in the time will receive The Summer Reading Challenge Award.
To qualify for the award, you’ll need to post something around the Book Club for every book that forms part of your pledge. This doesn't have to be just a series of reviews: you might present a new author on The Bookshelf (including thoughts on a book by them that you read for the challenge) or start a conversation about something more general you noticed in several books on Between the Pages.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Whether posting a discussion or a review, your comments should be a minimum of 80 words (this does not include the info about the book’s title, author or series).
- If someone has already started a topic about your book, author or subject, please contribute to that rather than starting a brand new one of your own.
- Make sure the review or discussion is yours and based on your own thoughts while reading: lifting a review from Goodreads or elsewhere on the internet is categorically not allowed. You may quote someone elses blurb or opinion though, providing you credit the source.
- You can’t reduce your pledge if you decide you pledged too many books. However, you can start off lower and increase it if you feel comfortable.
- You can listen to audio books, read graphic novels or even do some re-reading.
- You can read a Harry Potter Book or a book we read for one of our Monthly Book Discussions but this cannot be your only book and we’d prefer you post a discussion, rather than a review.
- Unfortunately, online fanfiction and the like doesn’t count.
If you have any further questions not covered here, head on over to the Questions Thread
Get pledging below and happy reading!
Note: Remember not to post any reviews or discussions until after the challenge begins on Monday the 8th or they won't count