Where Do You Live?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Valdera Swede
No broom

Post by Prof. Valdera Swede »

Western Pennsylvania. Go Steelers! (Black and gold are their colors. Is it any wonder that I belong in Hufflepuff?) Go Badgers too!
Proud Daughter of the Alliance, Trollbane Realm
Charlotte Black
No broom

Post by Charlotte Black »

New York /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> And I really love it here; weather and all. And an absolutely wonderful music school is 15 minutes away from me, and I take several classes there in addition to lessons. That's my main reason for loving where I live, I suppose.
Last edited by Charlotte Black on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^by me^
"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." JRR Tolkien
It is our choices, rather than our abilities, that decide who we truely are.

Sherlock Holmes is my idol
Madison Wood

Post by Madison Wood »

Canada! =)
Evelyn Night
No broom

Post by Evelyn Night »

I'm from the good old state of Texas. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and no I am not a cowgirl and we don't all live on farms tending to animals in a desert or plains area /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> hehehe. Anyway, yep I'm from Texas.

The high school I graduated from had the colors black and gold, and come to think of it so did my middle school. Maybe thats why I'm in Hufflepuff too, Valdera got me thinking /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Evelyn

Go Badgers!

Thanks to me - Eve @ Sig 'N' Av Palace; see my profile to visit.
Chelsey Lee

Post by Chelsey Lee »

Well, I live in good 'ol America. California to be exact but I just moved here. I've been here for about a year. I lived in Oahu, Hawaii before. It's a pity I've never been outside of the US.

QUOTE I'm a Pinay, and most of us locals live is houses, and own telephones. We dont live in grass shacks, communicate through drums, or wear coconut bras and grass skirts. We have shopping malls too.  (And...we have cable internet.) ..just to put some of the rumors and misconceptions out of the way.. [/quote]

Enderlynn is right. But I'm dissapointed in people today who actually believe all of that. My friend, for example, actually believed that I lived practically all of my life a grass hut! That was ridiculous. Then my dad told me a story about a bank teller who said that they don't accept checks that are from out of the country. It was from Hawaii. You know that state out in the ocean? But this story beats it all. One person asked me if Hawaii was cold because it was so close to Alaska. They explained further that on all of the maps they show Hawaii in that little box right next to Alaska in its own box. I almost fainted when I heard that question.
Aphelia Starr
No broom

Post by Aphelia Starr »

cAnAdA! Southern Ontario more precisely. Ah, Canada, ain't it grand... 'k, yeah, I'm not gonna go raving. Not until the Olympics at least. Yay Team CND! (if we spent more money and put more emphasis on sports we'd be good.... not saying that we should particularly. Anywho, zipping mouth now.)

Aphelia Rochelle Ashlyn Nicholette Starr
Blake Slatton
No broom

Post by Blake Slatton »

I'm from good old Texas too, Evelyn. We are not cowboys. Everyone automatically makes that assumption, which always annoys me so much!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> Texas is a blast, most of the time. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

No cities please
Last edited by Blake Slatton on Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alte Sententiam | Pensieve Opinion Staff
Ravenclaw Book Club | Writer's Society

Sig made by Vladimir of Sig 'N 'Av Palace
Andrew Rubin

Post by Andrew Rubin »

New York! w00t!

I'm in a New York State of Mind...
Jessamyn Logan
No broom

Post by Jessamyn Logan »

Hi Hi! I am from Pennsylvania too! But go figure I am a New York Giants fan! I hate the Eagles...

*puts a plate of cookies out*

~Jessie

Edit: No cities, Dom
Last edited by Jessamyn Logan on Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Love Always! ~Jessie||je503||Proud Hufflepuff!||"Home is where the Sett is..."||Hufflepuff Quidditch Rocks!||Sig and Av made by Me!!!
Rireoosol Softrain
No broom

Post by Rireoosol Softrain »

I live in Louisiana in the United States. Yes, seems pretty boring, but my city is cool. I would want to visit, if not stay, in either Britain or New Zealand. I don't know. I guess I'd just want to visit LOTS of places. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
~| <- riRe -> | owl: Luna | ebony, 10 1/2 inches, fairy hair | ~
| spice girl: Dark Spice | proud patronus prowler pirate|
Namia Elisa

Post by Namia Elisa »

I live in Louisiana as well, but I can't wait to leave. I want to visit Malasia one day and possibly live in Japan.
Jaenelle Morris

Post by Jaenelle Morris »

Canada here... hehe go Canadians! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Salana Mondego
No broom

Post by Salana Mondego »

i live in the u.s., the tiny little state of rhode island to be exact. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
^ sig by me ^
Starnza Tribbel

Post by Starnza Tribbel »

Hey everyone! I'm from the farmin state of Iowa! Hurrah for agriculture! *smiles* The only bad thing bout it is that Iowa's too flat...needs some hills where I live. Although by the Nebraska border's not too bad...
Enderlynn Rose Danderfluff

Post by Enderlynn Rose Danderfluff »

Chelsey Lee wrote:But this story beats it all. One person asked me if Hawaii was cold because it was so close to Alaska. They explained further that on all of the maps they show Hawaii in that little box right next to Alaska in its own box. I almost fainted when I heard that question.
/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> That's hilarious. Oh my gosh. You should have told that person that we have Costo, and L&L Drive Inn here too. Hahaha..they probably would've called you a liar. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Eleanor Stone

Post by Eleanor Stone »

Jaenelle Morris wrote:Canada here... hehe go Canadians! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Beat them in hockey /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> which will lead me to where I live, Flroida /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Last edited by Eleanor Stone on Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zimmer Darkrobes
No broom

Post by Zimmer Darkrobes »

Lived in many places,
Now I´m living in Brazil. But I plan on moving somewhere sometime /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Kai Clearwood
No broom

Post by Kai Clearwood »

I live in Minnesota, USA...but i'm thinking of moving to California sometime later in life...
Home is where the Sett is! ~Tarma Black
Face by Litia!
Estelwen Black
No broom

Post by Estelwen Black »

I live in Brazil.

No cities please
Last edited by Estelwen Black on Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them." John Updike.

Made by Em @ the Sig N Av Palace
Evalyn Arasmiss

Post by Evalyn Arasmiss »

The beautiful, Maine, United States. It's really hot here right now... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> But I've traveled alot, not recently, but to Florida, and planning for Canada, and Poland and Germany even, perhaps. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

edit= spelling error
Last edited by Evalyn Arasmiss on Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussions”