Where Do You Live?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Cho Delacour
No broom

Post by Cho Delacour »

Wisconsin home of the CHEEEEEEEEEESE state cause we are very very cheesey people. yum the cheese it's oooooooooooooooooo so good.
/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
sig and av by cho @ Sig 'n' Av Palace (WWW)

Q Kalila Chodelia Delacour Q

l Kalila Chodelia Delacour l Hufflepuff l Second Year l la376 l Hufflepuff Welcome Wagon l
l Proud Hufflepuff Foster Badger l

I'm thinking about getting an apartment in Hogsmead. If your interested PM me about it and I will get a list started off. This will only happen if I find enough roomates. (* Im thinking at least two or three but five tops. Don't want to be to mushed in *) Roommates so far Ali Einstein and Lavender Jade
Details: Your HOL full name, year, house, exc. exc.
Shana Brayden Addroddyn
No broom

Post by Shana Brayden Addroddyn »

WOw! You guys live in such cool places.. Lithuania, Italy, England, all sorts of parts of the US, India, Norway, NZ, Australia - I wish I could see them all! I personally live in Singapore (yeah Liz! fellow singaporean!), which is a dot on the map, in all seriousness. You guys should check it up on the globe - I'm really not kidding! Plus - i just found out today that Johore - a state in Malaysia - is 31 times our size. And Australia is 11,827 times our size. And I remember the 5th largest South African national park is 32 times our size too. We're really small. Really, really small.
Gryffindor | 2nd year | proud member of the Loewe den
Colin Ross

Post by Colin Ross »

I live Bathurst, Newbrunswick, probably the only person on Hol from NB... lowest health rate in canada too.. Oh well.. Im healthy!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

-Oh, and here's to the oh so small Singaporeans. Ok yeah, I know were Singapore is, yeah its small, but check out Luxembourg, it borders Germany and Belgium. It's a TAD larger than Singapor... but it's pretty small too. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Last edited by Colin Ross on Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mildred Millan
No broom

Post by Mildred Millan »

Hey yeah I've heard so many interesting places I would love to live in *wants to travel around the world* /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

But I also love my country Chile, cuz as Amy said it has some of the best mountains to ski or do some snowborading, which I love!! So I totally agree with you Amy. And you also said something about La Ley, well yes they are a very popular group, though I don't like them very much... their music is great, but not really my style *g*

And its nice to know someone from HOL has been here in Chile! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
by: Sig n Av Palace
| Mildred Millan | Gryffindor | mi409 | Muggle-born | Mahogany. 10 1/2 in. Unicorn hair | Owl: Zee | CHILE!
Arianna Cadwell
No broom

Post by Arianna Cadwell »

I'm from PA USA /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No cities, please -- Rhi
Last edited by Arianna Cadwell on Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
13 inches, Maple, Pheonix Tail Feather
------------------------------------------------
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I live in the USA -- in the state of Washington to be more precise. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

That's the state in the upper left hand portion of the map of the USA, where one summer my visiting sister-in-law, who lives in California, admired the moss growing in the pots where I had my 'other' plants (and NOT supposed to be moss!). Yes, it is wet here on the NW side of the state. At least it is usually; last year was rather dry in the summertime, and this year is already seeming to follow that trend. I used to live in California, in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills. It's taken me a while to get used to being in 'flat land', but now I find it beautiful. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Caitlin Caretis
No broom

Post by Caitlin Caretis »

+gasps+

I haven't signed this?

Hmm...North America>North>Northeast>New York>Western NY

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

That covers it
The Formerly Prefect known as Elphie.

Caitlin Caretis
- Poke me! I Squeak!
----------
Third Year | CaitiCat | Demigoddess | In Jessa's Stomach | Zazzy |<#Hari!
Nagini Black
No broom

Post by Nagini Black »

Well if you didn't stare when they said Lithuania, Singapore, or India... NOW's your chance *g* I live in Jordan
*evil grin* Now let's see just how great you are at geography /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

~Nagini~
Colin Ross

Post by Colin Ross »

Jordan is in the middle-east isnt it?? Borders Isreal or somthing like that.. i think anyway
/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />
Amanda Schnugg
No broom

Post by Amanda Schnugg »

Wow.. Im the first here with Florida. I personally think Florida is ok. Too many bugs. ick...owell.. but there are lots of oranges. *nods* Oranges are good. And sunshine. And beaches. Lots of beaches. So its not that bad /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Randy Chicago

Post by Randy Chicago »

USA!!! God bless us! We are run by Bush!!!-yuck

By the way, its Michigan to be exact.
Peter Shechem
No broom

Post by Peter Shechem »

Liz Randerson wrote:Singapore .. Anyone heard of it before?

Small country.. And i come from there! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Woooohooooo!(sorry, i got a little excited.)
My dad takes a lot of trips to Singapore. He says he loves it there and wishes we lived there. I'm from the U.S., specifically Minnesota, and we are home to the coldest place in the continental U.S. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> But snow is fun! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Last edited by Peter Shechem on Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be cool, read the Handbook.
Hufflepuff | Third Year
Julia Weflynn
No broom

Post by Julia Weflynn »

Well, I could have sworn I posted here, but apparently not.

I think I'm losing my mind. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I'm from Michigan, USA like a few others I know.
Julia Weflynn || ju404 || Fourth Year || Hufflepuff
"Home is where the sett is." --Tarma Black

Chiara Quest
No broom

Post by Chiara Quest »

India!
Okay, I lived in Indonesia for ten years and have been in India for six - but I love both! Hooray!
Elven Name : Enedramba
Hobbit Name : Rosa Hornblower from Needlehole
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

USofA for me......Tennessee to be exact. (1st Tennessean I've seen!) It's really pretty here, we have valleys and mountains and hills...the further east you go the more the mountains. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Oh, and ditto to Prof. Chutney's remark about humidity!!
Last edited by Prof. Hailey Potter on Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Capella Silkistija
No broom

Post by Capella Silkistija »

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I was sure I'd posted here before. Oh well.

I live in Denmark, and have done so my entire life. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by Capella Silkistija on Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sophie Snowball
No broom

Post by Sophie Snowball »

i would have thought i already posted here too, but found it now and thats what counts /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> well i live in the UK, used to live in Australia when i was younger but i dont remember much about that, its nice to have as a little fact though /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

so im in the UK, but im only at university here, im actually from north yorkshire, on the coast, i love the coast and being by the sea. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

No cities, please. -- Rhi
Last edited by Sophie Snowball on Fri May 07, 2004 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
see link in profile for character central signatures! Or visit Hogsmeade Lot 39!
Juliet Black
No broom

Post by Juliet Black »

I live in Canada, in Southern Ontario.

At the end of my street is a park, then a little river, then the US. That's how close it is. I love Canada. It's very big. I'm going to Halifax with the band in a few weeks and it's going to take 26 hours to drive there...

I go to the states all the time for dinner with my friends... and they have a good mall right across the river.

I wished I lived somewhere more exotic...
Hermione: "Harry, I've been thinking -- you know what we've got to do, don't you? Straight away, the moment we get back to the castle?"
Harry: "Yeah, give Ron a good kick up the--"
Hermione: "Write to Sirius."
Vera Hague

Post by Vera Hague »

I think I remember there being another topic very similiar to this one awhile back, and maybe that's why everyone thinks they've posted.. but maybe I'm going mad also. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

*joins Fae Roe from waaayy back on the 3rd page*

Same here, Missouri.

'Tis true, it's boring here, but people come from all over the world to see our dogwood trees!
/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Ingrid Pilar
No broom

Post by Ingrid Pilar »

I live in Peru,
/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

No cities, please. -- Rhi
Last edited by Ingrid Pilar on Fri May 07, 2004 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a happy ravenclaw girl

"It was a foolish to come here tonight, Tom" said Dumbledore calmly."the Aurors are on their way-"

Return to “Discussions”