Where Do You Live?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL
Talim Sorel

Post by Talim Sorel » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:50 am

QUOTE The beautiful, Maine, United States. It's really hot here right now... But I've traveled alot, not recently, but to Florida, and planning for Canada, and Poland and Germany even, perhaps.[/quote]
Maine. My second home with you gurl!

No cities please, Dom
Last edited by Talim Sorel on Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daine Sarrasri
No broom

Post by Daine Sarrasri » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:42 pm

I live in New York. Please dont assume that means I live in NYC because I don't.
I'm just wondering about the people who live in Norway. I'm going to be going to school there while my mom goes to college and I was just wondering what it was like. PM me if you want to share!
-Daine
Nothing applies to me!-SwD
Fionavar Sky
No broom

Post by Fionavar Sky » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:18 am

Eleanor Stone wrote:Beat them in hockey which will lead me to where I live, FlroidaÂ
Them's fighting words Eleanor Stone! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> LOL As you can guess I'm from Canada. I don't own a dogsled team, don't live in an igloo, our flag doesn't come in different colours (I was asked that by a tourist once, believe it or not), and I've been known to say 'eh' on occasion, but not after every sentence. Plus the only time I've said 'hoser' was as a joke.

Also, for those who may not know, we have castles in Canada (I work beside one).
Last edited by Fionavar Sky on Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lilly Diprute

Post by Lilly Diprute » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:34 am

Hawai'i, i used to live in Nevada though.
Keaira Filan
No broom

Post by Keaira Filan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:11 am

Singapore!

It is generally hot here in Singapore all year round.

In case any of you are wondering where Singapore is, we were once part of Malaysia but we became independent on the 9th of August 1965. If you care to strain your eyes so as to spot a tiny speck (that's Singapore), we're located right at the bottom of West Malaysia.

Should anyone visit Singapore, do try out the food! We've plenty of local food from different ethnic groups since Singapore is a multi-racial society
Jordanne Barton
No broom

Post by Jordanne Barton » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:45 pm

I live in Canada! But in ontario in the part that is most southern so our winters arn't THAT cold...and our summers are pretty hot except this year:( it's alot colder than it usually is for us!
Luv,

Jordanne
Dan Claire Soirée

Post by Dan Claire Soirée » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:00 am

"I live in a tropical country
blessed for God
and beautiful for nature"
like a great singer use to sing here.
Do you think you know what country i´m talking about?

BRASIL

Brazil, of course, Carnival´s country!

So, it's not dificult to figure out why i like parties so much... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

No cities please
Last edited by Dan Claire Soirée on Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fidget Black
No broom

Post by Fidget Black » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:21 am

I live in Tennessee. In a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere. I like it though.
|| Avid R/Hr Shipper || Fanfic Writer || Voldemort isn't evil, he just has intimacy issues. || 'You call yourself a repairman?' 'No. I call myself a Republican.'
Jade Seabiscuit
No broom

Post by Jade Seabiscuit » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:44 pm

Puerto Rico, Island of Enchantments! It's a small Caribbean island off the Florida coast. We're a colony of the USA! I like it (though sometimes I get bored, because it's where I live. Duh... But foreigns love all the parties and everything. It's pretty cool!), but my dream is to live in England!! Yay!!
JadieLee Seabiscuit
Proud Gryffindor Lioness!
Muggle-born Witch
Willow Leviculus
No broom

Post by Willow Leviculus » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:41 am

I'm also from Texas. I like the cowgirl-country look, but I do not look, dress, or act like that at all. I am definately a city gal. Unlike everyone else from my state, I hate Texas and would leave in a second. I want to live in the mountains away from terribly hot humid summers and warm winters with no snow.
*l Willow Leviculus l Wi353 l 4th Year l*
"Logic can take you from point A to point B,
but imagination can take you anywhere!"

HOL IDOL 2006!!! =)
Jastiss Lythari
No broom

Post by Jastiss Lythari » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:59 pm

I live in the most boring state, Michigan *groans* I wish I could get away from here. Don't like Michigan weather? Wait a few minutes; it'll change.

I'm going to move to Germany and study at a biotechnolgy school there once I'm out of HS. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Woot for biomedical engineers!
Aphelia Starr
No broom

Post by Aphelia Starr » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:29 am

Way back at the beginning of this topic, March 11-ish, Rames said he was in the middle of making a HOL World Map. Did anything ever come out of that idea?

Aphelia Rochelle Ashlyn Nicholette Starr
Amanda Stevenson

Post by Amanda Stevenson » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:38 am

Oooh! First one from Virginia! That means I am from Virginia USA! It's okay, really humid, and tons of Historical sites, plus a really dirty beach!
Juliana Ludescher

Post by Juliana Ludescher » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:04 pm

I live in Brazil, and I love my country...but i´d love to travel around the world...
Zimmer Darkrobes
No broom

Post by Zimmer Darkrobes » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:10 pm

Live in Brazil as well, southeastern part of it.

Used to live in England though!

No cities please
Last edited by Zimmer Darkrobes on Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maria Rico
No broom

Post by Maria Rico » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:34 pm

I live in Florida, USA..whoo hoo!! beaches!!! actually its weird over here..it rains one day and its burning hot the next. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

but i was born in Venezuela.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Maria~ Hufflepuff ~ Go Badgers!!! ~ Go 'Quats!!
Vera Hague

Post by Vera Hague » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:44 am

I might have posted here before...

I live in Missouri, where the humidity... is... unbearable.

Lots of forests, and beautiful dogwood trees. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Aurora Sommerset
No broom

Post by Aurora Sommerset » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:59 am

Reporting from the state of Clark Kent! Wow...I'm the only one from Kansas here? I feel isolated. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm originally from England, I moved to (was dragged to) Kansas when I was thirteen. Whilst I miss home, it's nice here too. I have no complaints about our weather, like others I see! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
^Thanks to Morgy Black at the ID Card Shop
~~~
Rory | Evil Twin One | au500 | Slytherin
"That's the thing about magic. There's always consequences. Always!" – Spike
Cmodraneh tusehydeuh.
Promptu alethia – Sierra Sky and Aurora Sommerset
Isadora Quagmire

Post by Isadora Quagmire » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:56 pm

I live in the Sunny state of the U.S. the weather here is quite unpredictable. Yesterday it was really cold today it's really hot (weird isn't it). /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
Garnet Stardock
No broom

Post by Garnet Stardock » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:55 pm

I live in Indiana. No, not all of us are big race fans. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> But there are some pretty die-hard Colts fans around here.
Thanks to Sig 'n' Av Palace for the sig ^_^

Return to “Discussions”