What are your plans for Summer Vacation?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

What are your plans for Summer Vacation?

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

Summer is pretty much here and weather-wise, it's felt like Summer for a while depending on where you live. For a lot of people, summer is a break from school and time for travelling, swimming, barbecues, and campfires.

My plans this summer is camping at a campground. Camping season goes from the first of June until mid September. There's a bit of travelling involved for 2 separate weekends, but that will only be about 4 hours away.

What are your plans this Summer?
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Re: What are your plans for Summer Vacation?

Post by February Fortescue »

My brother contacted me two hours ago and announced he'd booked a campsite this upcoming Tuesday - Friday. I may go for a day or two. He'll be camping next to friends so I won't feel guilty if I don't do the full trip. It's only a 2 hours drive from here

Next Tuesday it's off to a large amusement park :)

Fun, fun, fun!

Edit - my brother told me incorrectly. The campsite is booked for tomorrow :o
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Usually I take about 2-3 times a year to go away for anywhere from a week and a half to two and a half weeks. While I do have plans of traveling out of the states a bit more now I’ve settled back down home in Mains over the last few years, this past year between the state of everything and taking on a job working in a classroom setting, I haven’t been able to even do my usual routine which is making a loop to visit my Mom in Virginia and one of my besties in NY, touching base with other friends and clients in those areas.

Mom has made it to Maine a couple times, so I’ve seen her, but I haven’t gotten to visit Kurt in NY or get to the DC area in over a year and a half, which seems so wild and crazy to me! So one set of plans I have is to get myself out on a little traveling session to touch base with those people in those areas {my oldest brother and my youngest brother are both staying with Mom currently as well, so will be nice to see them} then otherwise we have a lot of work we want to do on our house, when we aren’t at the beach!

My Dad has been living with us since March 2020, which has been quite a challenge in many ways, but he’s moving out in the next couple weeks. At which time we will be getting started on things like painting the space, looking for some new furniture for the living room, and other little touches about making the home we moved into last year more our own. The plan is also to get two cats, which I’m SO EXCITED about!!!!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

At the studio I teach at, we’ve already had our summer break two weeks ago. I went to Seattle with my significant other for a week, then came back and performed in my first show in a while. So now, my summer plans will consist of teaching dance until school starts up in the fall.

I will also go camping for the 4th of July weekend with my family, and maybe ride horses, but no other major plans. My small group of friends may go swimming, which is a summer staple we understandably didn’t do last year. Concerts are starting to happen again, which is right up our alley, so my boyfriend and I will go to a couple of those later this year.
Jessica Barnes
No broom

Post by Jessica Barnes »

I will be doing classes for fun and hopefully they will be around for next year so I can turn in the work.
Hockey is life!
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

This year I am planning to have an arty, creative Summer, creating something every day no matter how big or small. I'm really feeling in the mood for being spontaneous, experimenting and giving new things a go such as acrylic painting and oil pastels. Normally I don't keep an art journal/diary but I might start a small one just to cover the upcoming summer months.
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

My summer is mainly going to consist of working, volunteering at a local farm, developing my art practise before my next term at University and lots and lots of writing. I have lots to work on for my Etsy shop so I am sure my summer will be pretty chic full of work - plus, I am trying to hold off going too wild with summer to save on my money!

However, pretty soon I am taking a small local-ish vacation for a few days with my boyfriend which I am super excited for; We plan to hire a boat over the lake, have a day full of nature walks and picnics, and treat each other to lots of food and drink. It will be a divine celebration of our anniversary.

I hope everyone enjoys their summer breaks and stays safe out there ~

Return to “Discussions”