Favorite Costumes?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Favorite Costumes?

Post by February Fortescue »

In October, many of us love to wear costumes and have fun going to parties or doing some trick or treating. Lots of us honor our Houses and wear our colors with pride, or we choose to join some friends and dress up as characters from another Fandom. Many of us will choose the always popular witch or something of that sort.

This year I think I'll go as Aragog. Adding 4 appendages sounds easy enough!

Probably the worst costume idea I ever had was to go as a bunch of grapes. I literally attached balloons to a sheet and wore the sheet. Don't do this.

Are you dressing up this year? Do you have a favorite costume? One you wish you never worn?
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Re: Favorite Costumes?

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

SO: me and my Partner have discussed various options for costumes this year. UNFORTUNATELY... I don't have high hopes for anything to come into reality this go around, BUT, here are some musings.

We've discussed going as Cheer Bear (me) and Grumpy Bear (him) from the Care Bears, and I've been pushing for the last few years to go as the Heat Miser (probably me) and Snow Miser (likely him) together from "The Year Without a Santa Claus" buuuut if I had to guess, the closest bet for THIS year would be that we go as Bugs Bunny (me) and Elmer Fudd (him).

My FAVORITE costumes we wore together was when we chose a Pixar's "Up" themed Halloween where he went as Carl and I went as Russell. He even made a House out of carboard and attached a ton of balloons to it! It was epic. ^____^
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

This year for 2023, I just wore a black outfit with black cat ears. I was hoping to go as Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, with my black cat Loki as Jiji, but that didn't work out, so my old trusty pair of cat ears did the trick :P

My favourite costumes throughout the last couple years have been:
A Witch (with my black cat Loki) -2019
Hermione Granger -2021
Ash Ketchum from Pokemon -2022

My favourite childhood costume is Sailor Moon, I dressed as her multiple times!
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I usually choose to go with what I have in my closet, so I will have a nice outfit with little horns, masks etc. I have been playing around with character outfits such as this Megumin from Konosuba being one of my favourites. Also Akatsuki from Log Horizon. We don't really celebrate Halloween this side so the times there are dress up events we go all out on every character or costume we ever wanted to cosplay. I have Dressed as a demon, witch, zombie and angel All made from what I have in my closet. The typical. But Megumin and Akatsuki are my favourites.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

The costume of a goth witch anyday, probably monochrome black. I would also love to dress up as a vampire or a Disney Princess.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Dibyarup James Potter
Oakshaft 79

Post by Dibyarup James Potter »

With my current collection of wands (in my HOL main bio), and my collection of Harry Potter clothes, I can cosplay any of the major male characters from the wizarding any day. But if I had to choose one, I would say either Harry Potter. But I would also enjoy cosplaying as Lucius Malfoy and Voldemort (I can do both as Tom Riddle, i.e., before he became odd-looking and also as Voldemort).
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror

Return to “Discussions”