2020 HOL Summer Beanstalk

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

2020 HOL Summer Beanstalk

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

WELCOME to the 2020 HOL Summer Beanstalk, a simple yet fun way to encourage Interconnectivity and the Power of Relationships within our Community while the school year is out of session.

How it works:

1. I will post below the name of someone I'm sending 1 bean to and what prompted me in choosing them. Once I've confirmed my posting was successful I'll submit that person their bean!

2. Whoever responds next (this may be anyone and does not have to be the person I've chosen) will pick another individual to mention and send them 2 beans

3. The next person will send 3 beans

4. Then 4 beans

5. And so on!

[ you get the idea ^_~ ]

Confirming your post before giving helps double check how many beans you're responsible for as well as make sure you've claimed a spot in the thread without any glitches. If someone else participates simultaneously as you and their post is showing up first claiming the same number, go ahead and "Edit" your post with a +1 to your bean count before submitting the gift to your chosen buddy.

You may contribute as many times as you like, as well as repeat someone previously mentioned. The goal is to see how high we can cultivate our Beanstalk together before Autumn semester officially picks back up in September at the start of the 2020/2021 term. This means we have two whole months of Summer from July 1 to August 31st at 11:59pm (HOL-time) to make as much progress as we can. Along the way, you never know when a notification and/or special mention could be the brightening point of someone's day or spark up conversation between new and old friends alike!

If you've never used the "send beans" option before on someone else's Member Profile through the main HOL site, the icon is demonstrated in the following image which showcases two horizontal arrows pointing away from each other (the top one going right, the bottom going left).

While we would love, Love, LOVE to hear any special reasons for who you'll be sending beans to at any given time —whether they've helped out somewhere or brightened your day(s) in even the smallest of meaningful ways— please, at minimum, include in your post the chosen person's Name and the Number of Beans you are sending them as a reflection of how big our collective Stalk is growing (i.e. "Sindor Aloyarc - 1")

Regardless of how high the total number gets, we'd like to make this as inclusive as possible for anyone who may not have had the opportunity to earn enough beans to participate. If you are interested in Volunteering to be listed as a Bean Donor, please respond or send a message giving me a heads up that you are open to being contacted for this as needs arise.

If you do not currently have enough beans yourself to contribute to the person of your choosing but would like to get involved, please feel more than encouraged to touch base with any of the following volunteers who will be happy to spot you some, if not all of whatever you need!

BEAN DONORS:
Sindor Aloyarc
Maxim Trevelyan
Gail Allen
Emily Spencer

Reach out and say hello If you have any questions or considerations.

Let the growing begin!!

** special thanks to Sky Alton and Gail Allen for their feedback and support **
Last edited by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Re: 2020 HOL Summer Beanstalk

The 1st bean will be going to Adaleine Shuster, for giving me a glimpse back into my first few years at HOL. I've grown very fond of our friendship, and am happy to have you in my life. A single bean may not seem like much, but there's no one else I'd rather highlight at the base of our collective Stalk than the lovely Miss Ada. Thanks for all your passion!
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Awww, this is a great idea Sindor! The next two beans will be going to Carrie Warts as she's such a positive member of Gryffindor house and wonderful to talk to. She's super supportive of everyone and is friendly and inclusive to new members. Carrie makes everyone feel welcome and is such an encouraging new member. :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

I will be giving 3 beans to Sky Alton. Being a newbie last September, I was very nervous about going on a forum. Luckily, Sky was on there the same time as me. She was genuinely welcoming, thoughtful, supportive and encouraging and she still is. With Sky being so friendly, It was very reassuring and a lovely start to a very positive experience here at Hol.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

I'm giving 4 beans to Emily Spencer! She's been an amazing person to get to know, a blast to bounce ideas off from, and I'm so glad we're friends!
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

I’m giving 5 beans to Charlie Spencer! Even though I don’t see her that much around the castle, I’ve loved getting to talk to her and share stories and hobbies. She’s kind and funny and a great person to chat with!

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Next we’ll see 6 beans heading off to Prof. Amy Lupin, whose friendly hellos always make me smile. You bring such a wonderful energy to this group, and I love seeing your face around as a part of my regular days and weeks!
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I'll be sending 7 beans to February Fortescue. Not only is she super-friendly and active in HOL, but a wonderful person who I am most proud to call 'friend'. She went out of her way to make this newbie feel welcome from the onset, and I appreciate that more than she probably knows. Not only that, without her help I would have never passed Parseltongue, so for her endless patience and encouragement, a hearty thanks.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

I'm going to send 8 beans to Mia Fountain. She's volunteered to help multiple times when I've asked for it this past few months when I felt really overwhelmed. She also came up with a really cool idea for summer camp and I can't wait for all of you to experience it. She's involved, she's friendly, she's just a huge asset to HOL and Ravenclaw!
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

I'll be sending 9 beans to Isa Vestal. Isa has been super active around the den and a pleasant presence. She's really creative and I love seeing her siggies/avatars since they always stand out really bright. (Yes, I definitely admire the graphic skills there :P)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

I'm giving Ivey Gnash 10 beans because she took the time to create a siggy and avatar for me which I love. She also sorted it out when I got in a pickle loading it up.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

I'm giving 11 beans to Sindor Aloyarc because his posts always bring a smile to my face and I enjoy reading the topics he writes about.
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger »

I'm sending 12 beans to Mia Fountain and Torii Taylor (because sharing is caring and I don't follow rules.) for being great examples for Ravenclaw, and to congratulate them on becoming Prefects!

jk I sent them like 12,000 because I have way too many.
Prof. Ryan Granger | Ravenclaw Head of House | Most Likely Lost
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

I'm sending 13 beans to Prof. Tarma Black for all of the puzzles and games she posts, both on the HOL forum and in the Sett.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

14 beans to Head Student Arianna Stonewater! You've been a wonderful Prefect and friend, and you'll excel in your new role. Congratulations!
Lorainia Riverrider
Oakshaft 79

Post by Lorainia Riverrider »

I Give 15 beans for Jack Evermore because he need cheer up after Feast trouble.
Thank you Ivey for my siggy and avatar!

Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. -Helen Keller
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

My dear Kendra Givens has been such an exceptional Head Perfect (<-not changing it) for us over in Ravenclaw, and an amazing new part of my friend circle. A sizzling 16 beans to this gem of a person. Lots of love your way, Kendra!!
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I'm giving 17 beans to Professor Scarlet Leslie-Lewis for all the help and encouragement she gave me as a promising student and the big assist with the Emerald Cup Scavenger Hunt.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

I’m giving 18 beans to Mya Abititeux for all that she’s brought to HOL and the Dungeons in the first year, being possibly the best arcade player HOL has ever seen... and putting up with my constant misspellings of her name
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I am giving 19 beans to Sky Alton. Throughout the years you have been a great friend, confidante, mentor and troublemaker-in-arms to me. I could not have asked for a better best HOL friend. While I will be sad to see you go as a student (I loved our "tea study sessions"), you will surely become an important part of HOL staff. :wub: Happy graduation!
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Return to “Discussions”