Going on a trip without knowing where you're going

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Adaleine Shuster

Going on a trip without knowing where you're going

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

Something that I've been hearing about a lot lately is going on a trip and finding out where you're going at the airport. There are a few companies that just handle everything for you and let you find out later. This allows you to get really excited about where you're going just a few hours before you get on your flight. Since you aren't picking your destination you also get to go to places that you might not visit normally. You also get recommendations about what to do without having to do the research. You don't get time to learn the local language, though. It seems like a bunch of people like going on trips like these! Have you guys been on a trip where you found out where you were going once you got to the airport? Where did you go? What did you think? If you haven't gone on one would you consider going? Do you know someone who went?
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Re: Going on a trip without knowing where you're going

Post by Adeline Morior »

I would totally do this if I could. I have never been outside my country and would literally go wherever they send me. I find the world so fascinating and love learning about other cultures and religions. People are interesting and nature is as beautiful and majestic as ever no matter where in the world. Unfortunately I have only seen it on screens but my word is it beautiful! I think this is a cool thing when you have the luxury to just take a nice vacation and love to travel. I know a few people who does this.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

Going on a trip without knowing where you are going sounds interesting, but I don't think I could do it. I don't think I would enjoy not knowing where I am going, when I could expect to get there, or what to pack.
Aurora Silverthorn
No broom

Post by Aurora Silverthorn »

This sure sounds interesting and I think could be a lot of fun if done with the right people. Doing this alone... Nope, probably not.
I definitely would pack half my belongings because I wouldn't want to pack the wrong stuff. Which in turn would make people think I'm crazy probably. :lol: :lol:
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

There's no way i would do this! Two reasons.

1. I'm a Hillbilly, and because I'm older, in some ways my culture is different from other Americans, so I live this on a regular basis. For example, since I'm from a small, homogeneous society, we don't always consider roles as the primary method of relating to people, because your dad could also be your physician, your uncle could be your teacher, etc. Most Americans, treat people according to their role, and this tends to be foreign to me. The main exception is gender roles, which is slow to change here, but I've already changed, so i come into conflict that way as well (but that's a different subject).

2. I have quite a bit of Hermione Granger in me. The strong Virgo planetary influences override my quadruple Aquarius tendencies on this one. I carry my planner everywhere. i love to research everything. I research any traveling spots to the gills. I may be creative and just plain weird, but not on this one.

So, not a chance.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Aletheia Aves
No broom

Post by Aletheia Aves »

I think that sounds exciting. Spontaneity is not always something I like, but if I had the resources, a surprise vacation to anywhere would give me an interesting story to share afterwards. I may even discover places that I had never thought of visiting before and want to know more about them.

Return to “Discussions”