Coffee Shop Orders

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Coffee Shop Orders

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

In conversation today, people started talking about cookies and chai lattes and it made me wish I was instantly in a cafe or coffee shop to order some for myself. Then we started talking about our favorite cookies and everyone was hungry! If you were at the coffee shop yourself, what would you order? Do you order the same thing every time, or does your order depend on what you're in the mood for that day? This isn't just about coffee either - tea, smoothies, lemonades, whatever your go-to order would be!

My order typically depends on the day, but I do typically prefer iced drinks, even in winter. I like a good cold brew, iced vanilla coffee, or iced chai latte. The later two are also delightful hot.
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Re: Coffee Shop Orders

Post by Iverian Gnash »

I like to try the seasonal beverages as much as possible, but sometimes I just want my regular drink, a white chocolate mocha. I usually go to Starbucks and they have a really great fruity lemonade there that I'll get sometimes. Normally though, I stick to my usual. It doesn't matter what the temperature is, unless I'm in the mood for hot chocolate, I'll be getting an iced beverage. It just seems like they're... sweeter or something and I don't like hot beverages in general. :lol:
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Patrick James
Oakshaft 79

Post by Patrick James »

My order at Tim Horton's is usually the same - coffee with one cream, but usually during the summer I'd order an iced cappuccino. If I'm feeling a bit peckish (which is most of the time), I get a Boston Cream donut! ^_^
Patrick James | Fifth Year 
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Usually I prefer my coffee with dark chocolate and something sweet added like whipped cream - I know of a few coffee places where you can order your mochas by cacao percentage in their chocolate and those tend to be delicious!
Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

I don't really have a coffee order that I always go by. I like mint hot chocolates every so often (with whipped cream, of course). Other than that I prefer iced beverages. An iced green tea with one splenda is one of my favorites, as is a passion tango iced tea with no sweetener (Starbucks). An iced chai latte is also super yummy! In terms of actual coffee, I usually get a plain coffee, with one pump of vanilla and some almond milk (iced).
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

I used to go to Starbucks WAAAAAAY too much. My go-to order was a Matcha iced latte, light ice, soy milk with an everything bagel, warmed, with cream cheese.

I also really enjoyed Matcha frappucinos, seasonal frappucinos and basically anything with whipped cream. It's my 2nd favorite food :lol:
Astor Arensin
No broom

Post by Astor Arensin »

I actually don't drink coffee (caffeine makes my anxiety go insane). But even so, I don't order drinks from Starbucks and such anyways!

Though I do enjoy tea a lot. Well, its herbal/fruit tea so TECHNICALLY not tea, buut.. My favorite is either Peach or Chamomile with Lemongrass, Lavender, and Honey. They also generally have a few other things mixed in like orange peels and such.

Otherwise, I tend to drink sparkling water like Peach, Strawberry Lemonade, and Apple.
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

Astor Arensin wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:57 am Though I do enjoy tea a lot. Well, its herbal/fruit tea so TECHNICALLY not tea, buut.. My favorite is either Peach or Chamomile with Lemongrass, Lavender, and Honey. They also generally have a few other things mixed in like orange peels and such.
There used to be a lovely tea shop a short drive away from me. My favorite tea there was one that would be this amazing blue color and then turn pink/purple when you added lemon to it. It was delightful! The cafe also did the most scrumptious sandwiches and soups.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Breve. No foam.

That's usually my coffee beverage of choice. :)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Eliza Hawkins
No broom

Post by Eliza Hawkins »

I generally get an iced triple espresso with heavy cream and two splendas.... I'm that person :lol: but, it's cheaper than ordering a latte! Sometimes I also enjoy a good cold brew with a splash of heavy cream...
Sydney Rogakis
No broom

Post by Sydney Rogakis »

At Starbucks, my most-often ordered drink is a peppermint mocha. I am one of those that as soon as they hit stores, I will switch to pumpkin spice lattes. So yummy! Sometimes I switch things up with a blended frappuccino, generally carmel. At Panera, their regular hazelnut blend is amazing. At Joe Muggs, anything involving chocolate because they use Ghiradelli, and it's fabulous. Anywhere else, the best cream is just regular half and half. Flavored creams with all that nasty corn syrup are nasty. Obviously, I am very particular about my coffee. :)
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

My order depends on the coffee shop I am going to. At Tim Horton's it's either a Double Double or a French Vanilla Cappuccino. For Starbucks, a Vanilla Sweet Cream Nitro Cold Brew.

For other shops, I usually just play it safe and order something with chocolate in it :D
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

My order at the coffee shop is almost always the same, a tea with two milk and two sugar. I tend to get overwhelmed by the menu at Starbucks so I tend to avoid it if at all possible.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I always order one of the following depending on the season: Cafe Mocha, Hot chocolate, Iced coffee or ice tea. I love going to a coffee shop.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

Hot chocolate, or cold coffee with a scoop of vanilla/butterscotch icecream and chocolate sauce drizzle, or cafe latte, or filter coffee.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Dibyarup James Potter
Oakshaft 79

Post by Dibyarup James Potter »

At Starbucks I only order any one of the following:
  • Java Chip Frappuccino
  • Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
  • Mocha Frappuccino
  • Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino
  • Iced Caffè Mocha
  • Iced Caffè Latte

In other coffee shops, I usually go with any one of the following:
  • Cold Coffee with a scoop of Vanilla/Butterscotch ice cream
  • Cappuccino with an extra shot of Espresso

And lastly, you can never go wrong with the plain and simple, cheap, local tea stall coffee.

Yes, tea stalls in India will also sell you simple coffee powder combined with boiling milk and water on a stove. That's always a delight to have when I need a quick pick-me-up. I do have this more often as compared to the choices listed above, simply because it does its job and wakes me up when I am feeling sleepy in the middle of the day. Plus, it is much healthier and cheaper, so that's a bonus.

P.S.: I always have plan black coffee at home, that's just coffee and water. No milk, no sugar. But it's surely nice to indulge in the high Calorie fancy coffees found at the coffee shops and cafés, every once in a while.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Harry Walles
Oakshaft 79

Post by Harry Walles »

I always take the same thing in my favourite coffee shop - latte with coconut milk. I am lactose intolerant so I am not okay with normal milk. As of lately, I am not allowed to drink Soya milk so coconut is pretty much the only thing I have left :lol:
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

Espresso Romano. :wub:

It's basically just an espresso served with a slice of lemon. Then you squeeze the lemon into the coffee. Some people add a teaspoon of sugar, but that's not to my taste.

Despite its simplicity, there are a lot of variations of it, from dropping the whole slice into the espresso, using lemon juice, or candied lemon, pouring coffee over lemon, and so on and so on.

It goes wonderfully with a slice of lemon meringue. :)

Return to “Discussions”