Let's Talk Cereal

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL
Kendra Givens
Oakshaft 79

Let's Talk Cereal

Post by Kendra Givens » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:44 am

As I poured my bowl of cereal this morning (Cinnamon Toast Crunch), I was intently thinking about the fact that I did not want it to sit long enough to get soggy and how I wished we had whole milk instead of 2% for me to use with it. Cereal preferences are such a particular thing - what are your preferences? Favorite kinds? A particular type of milk or consistency? Do you just have an utter dislike of cereal in general?
Sky Alton
Cleansweep Two

Re: Let's Talk Cereal

Post by Sky Alton » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:29 am

I totally agree in that I hate it to go soggy, particularly stuff like cornflakes which don't have too much structural integrity to begin with. If something interrupts breakfast, I tend to get very grouchy as it usually means the difference between a bowl of cereal and a bowl of mush.

Now I'm living at home again I just have semi-skimmed milk as that's all we have in the fridge. When I lived alone, I actually used to have yoghurt on my cereal as it kept for longer than a bottle of milk would. It might sound weird but it was a very nice combo.
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)
Adaleine Shuster
No broom

Post by Adaleine Shuster » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:33 pm

I have cereal almost every weekend morning. I don’t eat gluten, and try to avoid sugar, so my options are a bit limited. Corn Chex are great, and I actually love them soggy. I don’t know why, but I think they are amazing that way. Every so often for a little treat I will have peanut butter, honey, and Cheerios. It sounds weird, but its amazing! I don’t have milk with the Cheerio combination. My main milk is 2%, lactose free.
Alexander Brighton
Oakshaft 79

Post by Alexander Brighton » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:46 am

I always need to have breakfast in the morning. Can't go without it, my favorite meal of the day. I usually always have porridge (or oatmeal). When we don't have that, then I'll have cheerios, frosted flakes, fruit loops sometimes, or lucky charms. I always use either 1% or 2% milk on cereals. I only put milk on porridge if it's plain porridge.
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Although I love all other dairy products, I've always hated milk so I was never interested in cereal. But lately I've been having oatmeal with cranberries and tahini for breakfast and I can make it with water!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Return to “Discussions”