Tell us about your pets

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL
Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Tell us about your pets

Post by Alexander Brighton » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:12 am

Who on HOL loves animals and has pets? Tell us about them, how many do you have? What are they like?

I love animals. We have 17 pets if you include the fish.
There are 10 fish, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 gerbils. My 2 cats are Cally, she is 11 years old and Hunter, he is 7 years old. Cally is a calico. She likes people, but doesn't like other animals, especially stray animals coming into her yard. One time, she attacked her own reflection in the backdoor window. Hunter is a brown tabby cat and loves everyone, even the dogs. He loves to hunt. He catches mice, squirrels, and birds then usually leaves them where we can see them.

I love hanging out with my dogs or even watching them. My 3 dogs are Sophie, 6 years old, Chance, 5 years old, and Starlight (Star) just turned 4. Sophie is a Shih Tzu and doesn't like most people. It takes her a while to trust other people. Sophie is Stars mom and she loves to kiss her. She is very possessive of her toys, treats, and food. Her favorite toys are bean bags. About 2 years ago, we were playing bean bag toss and Sophie would run and catch the bean bags after we would throw them. They are now her bean bags.
Chance is a Shih Tzu, but we think he might have some poodle in him because his fur is curly and more woolly, he is a really friendly dog. He's Stars dad. He's really active and likes to play. He always has a toy with him. He also likes to bark at other people and animals and loves to chase things. When he isn't doing all that, he's either eating or cuddling with someone.
Starlight is a bit like both of them mixed together. She has Sophie calmness, but has Chances friendliness. Star would rather play with people or with Sophie or Chance than with toys.

My 2 gerbils are 2 years old and they are Sandy and Sparky. I like to watch them. Sparky is an escape artist, he got out of his cage a couple times, but I always get him back.
Astor Arensin
No broom

Re: Tell us about your pets

Post by Astor Arensin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Ah I also have a Sophie! She's a 12 year old Havanese, she's a sweetie. But she will only sit with you if you constantly are petting her.
I also have a 12 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix named Zack, who I've had since I was 6. He's really attached to me, so much so that he has separation anxiety :(
The rest of my pets currently live with my mom and sister in another state (because we have no space, and my dad is allergic to cats). There's Echo, the 6 year old Alaskan Malamute. Amos, the 16 year old (wow! we always thought he was like 2 years younger..) German Shepherd/Collie mix. My sister told me that he's losing weight and seems happier! He also seems to love the cats and having them around :)
Then there's the cats. My cats are a pair of 10 year old bonded brothers, Prince and Teddy. Prince is a grey tabby and Teddy is black with a white patch on his chest. They're both quite shy, but Prince also likely has anxiety, he's doing better though! Next is my sister's cats, Ander and Nea. They're twin black cats, that she got almost 2 years ago. They were an impulse adoption that was partly my fault (oops..)
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:21 am

I have a Dog named Fao. She's really cute and adorable. I got her from one of my friends as a gift and I love her so much. Fao loves to chew on shoes and to play with her rubber ball. I have to tell you this, that dog is so clever. She knows and understand the feelings of each and everyone. Sometimes when I am down, Fao really knows how to cheer me up doing silly things like running around in circles around me or licking me until I laugh and push her aside gently. We just can't live without each other.
And I got a kitten today who's really fluffy and white. We named her Coco. She's really playful and likes to sleep a lot.
Last edited by Lora Wallabenger on Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorainia Riverrider
No broom

Post by Lorainia Riverrider » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:25 pm

I have several pets. I have 3 dogs, 2 Chihuahuas a boy and a girl, and a mini German shepherd that's a boy. I also have several chickens, a donkey, and a goat. I have a pond full of goldfish, but I am not sure if they count as pets.
Mia Fountain
No broom

Post by Mia Fountain » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:26 pm

I have several animals living with my family and I. There is three dogs and two cats. All of the animals are female except one dog. The male is the Rottweiler. There is a Shih Tzu and a Pug mix. The cats are both Tabbys.
Tia Ksawer
No broom

Post by Tia Ksawer » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:48 pm

I have a super neurotic dog named Stella and three cats. Well, one of my cats is my Grandma's cat. The other two cats belong to my Mom more. Mom wants the dog to attach to me, but the dog has bonded to my Mom. :lol: Cool by me, though. Stella has a tendency to snap at me in the later hours of the day, too. That's why I call her neurotic. But it's ok. I still love her. She's still a good animal.
Iverian Gnash
Moontrimmer

Post by Iverian Gnash » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:11 pm

I've had many pets throughout the years - bunnies, chickens, fish, and a Peking duck. The first pet we had (other than goldfish) was a chicken we found while on vacation. He'd been abandoned so we picked him up, brought him home with us, and named him Chickenhawk which might sound like a weird name but when we found him we couldn't figure out whether he was a baby chicken or a baby hawk and thus the creative name :lol:

Shortly thereafter (perhaps on that same vacation), we bought a white rabbit we named Snowy. She and Chickenhawk got along great and were always hanging out together.

Later on, after those two sadly passed away, we started raising chickens and built a chicken coop in the backyard. We've had so many chickens through the years I can't name them all XD I liked having chickens and we got a ton of eggs from them, but they did have a habit of tearing up the yard. We also decided to get another bunny (named Smoky) sometime around then but he wasn't very friendly and we had to give him away to someone else.

Then, a few years ago, my younger brother got in a serious accident and my mom, wanting to do anything that'll make him feel better, got him the duck he'd been wanting for a while. It was a white Peking duck (creatively named Ducky) and I can assure you that raising a duck is nothing like chickens. He didn't get along with the other animals very well so we eventually gave him to a park nearby that was looking for ducks for their lake.

Throughout all this, my dad was raising Tilapia in the backyard cause he'd always been interested in Aquaculture (having been a Scubadiving teacher in highschool/college and then minoring in Aquaculture). So, we had a ton of fish tanks in the backyard up till the last two years when he finally took them out :lol:

Finally, after having had all these exotic animals, we decided to take a break and thus got a cockatiel! Now, we only have a Cockatiel named Coconut (we all call him Coco along with a bunch of other nicknames) and I can assure you a bird is about the easiest pet you can have. He's adorable and super friendly ^_^
Thank you Maxim for my siggy and avatar! <3
Adaleine Shuster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adaleine Shuster » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:30 am

I have 6 pets. Four of them are cats, and two of them are dogs.

One of my dogs is super energetic, loves to play, and wants attention all the time. The other dog is much more calm. She also wants your attention, though.

I have one cat that used to really hate me, but she tolerates me now. I have another cat who is the definition of a scaredy cat. He runs away if you come near him, and he doesn't like to meet new people. If you just sit and let him come to you, he is super cuddly and loves to play! One of my cats loves attention, but is really mean to new people. My final cat is super cuddly and loveable.
Made by my Secret Elf- Thank you!!

Return to “Discussions”