Unique Ice Cream Flavors

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL
Kendra Givens
Moontrimmer

Unique Ice Cream Flavors

Post by Kendra Givens » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:31 am

After my Filet o Fish, my night is going to get even less healthy as I enjoy some Ben and Jerry's ice cream. This particular company makes all different crazy combinations of flavors. The flavor we're going to enjoy tonight is called 'The Tonight Dough', inspired by late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel. The description is "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Creams with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough."

What unique ice cream flavor do you enjoy?
February Fortescue
Moontrimmer

Re: Unique Ice Cream Flavors

Post by February Fortescue » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:07 am

I've enjoyed many, if not most, of Ben & Jerry's, and so far my favorite is Phish Food, described as, "Chocolate Ice Cream with Gooey Marshmallow Swirls, Caramel Swirls & Fudge."

Chocolate, caramel, fudge, and marshmallows. Love this stuff!
av and sig by Professor Fumei Spookie
Sky Alton
Cleansweep Three

Post by Sky Alton » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:57 am

I've had thyme flavoured icecream which was strangely amazing. My favourites are tart tatin (caramel icecream with bits of apple tart) and stem ginger. Ben and Jerry's is pretty amazing as well, my favourites are a toss up between Cookie Dough and Peanut Buttercup.
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Gail Allen
Silver Arrow

Post by Gail Allen » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:30 am

I am going to shock a lot of people I think:

I love ice cream with gooey salt liquorice in it and the more the better. That's absolutely delicious. Sadly you don't get it here so I have to go to Denmark and visit my parents to get it (Unlike other things, it's a bit hard to order over the internet and have delivered XD )

I also love salty caramel, but I figure more people will be with me there.

And I love raspberry pannacotta ice cream which you *can* get around here, but not in Denmark, so that's been a benefit of moving here; I get that flavour. It's still not as good as the liquorice though.

And another shocker: I Have never tried Ben and Jerry's.
Sky Alton
Cleansweep Three

Post by Sky Alton » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:58 pm

I had salt liquorice when I was in Iceland, Gail and it worked amazingly with chocolate so I can see why the icecream version would be good too. I don't think it's any stranger than adding salt to caramel - I just wish I could get it here (somehow I don't think adding table salt to Liquorice Allsorts would be a good plan).
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Aurelia Grayson
No broom

Post by Aurelia Grayson » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:24 pm

When I was in London on holiday this year I tried a peach iced tea flavoured ice-cream for the very first time and I have to admit that I became somewhat obsessed with it as it is just pure amazing to enjoy no matter what the weather is like outside and I am currently searching for a homemade recipe for it to enjoy in my spare time.
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal » Sun May 10, 2020 2:01 pm

I live in Japan and I’ve seen some pretty weird flavors of ice cream, my two top contenders being Japanese horseradish and buckwheat noodle (soba) flavored ones. I actually tried the soba one and it was pretty good, though I think I’ll stick to cookies and cream or mint chocolate chip in the future :P

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1001

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Sun May 17, 2020 12:17 am

There's a local ice cream place that's called Purple Cow. Their signature flavor is... Purple Cow! It is black raspberry with chocolate chips. I normally opt for ice cream flavors that are more chocolaty, but I had to give this one a try. It was very yummy!
Lorainia Riverrider
No broom

Post by Lorainia Riverrider » Fri May 22, 2020 1:00 am

I am kind picky when it comes to ice cream. But my favorite flavors are raspberry sherbet and home made banana.
Thank you Ivey for my siggy and avatar!

Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. -Helen Keller
Will Lestrange
Comet 140

Post by Will Lestrange » Fri May 22, 2020 7:12 am

Normally my taste for ice cream is "the more chocolate the better" but one time a year or two ago my local ice cream place had this tasting where we got to taste five flavours and vote for which one would become the summer flavour. The one I liked the most was called "Off the Beat'n Path" and involved roasted beets sweetened with caramel; walnuts may have been thrown in. Sadly, my choice didn't win; a carrot choice flavour did - which would have been my second choice at least!
Amy Smith
No broom

Post by Amy Smith » Fri May 22, 2020 6:49 pm

So my favorite ice-cream flavours are chocolate and vanilla.I usually don't try different flavours of ice - cream, but if they have chocolate and vanilla in them then I would definitely try it.
Sindor Aloyarc
No broom

Post by Sindor Aloyarc » Sun May 24, 2020 1:06 pm

This one place I've only been to a couple times has had some of the best most-interesting flavors I've ever had. One of them was "Chocolate Wasabi" (which I LOVED, and typically like any sorta "Spicy Chocolate" so this was a really fun twist), and another was "Blueberry Blue Cheese" which was similarly one of the most delicious options I've ever had. (Apparently I need to go back to this place, now that I'm thinking about it!)

The most surprising option I ever enjoyed, which I thought I was going to dislike when I was little because I am really picky about banana flavored things, was "Chunky Monkey" (a Ben and Jerry's product consisting of banana ice cream with fudge chunks & walnuts), though my old-faithful/go-to is more in the realm of what February posted earlier! I could never get enough of Phish Food, and two other similar ice creams that are all basically the same idea that I've been obsessed with my whole life are: "Rocky Road" (typically Chocolate ice cream with some combination of mini Marshmallows, Almond and Chocolate chunks) and "Heavenly Hash" (typically Chocolate & Vanilla ice cream with Marshmallow swirls, Almond and Chocolate pieces).
'—There's a power in every breath. There's a power in every note. A power that starts within the heart, a power that rises through the throat.' The Princess and the Goblin

Return to “Discussions”