Fall 2015 Introductions

Class led by Shiloh Adlar

Moderator: Shiloh Adlar

Askeron Kyle
Oakshaft 79

Re: Fall 2015 Introductions

Post by Askeron Kyle »

I am Asky Kyle, a Post Graduate Hufflepuff. In rl I am a Grandmother of 3, 2 girls and a boy, which is why I have a Grandma Badger siggy. When I was in the HQT another Spiffy used to call me it, so I thought it would be fun to have one made :)

I am also taking Marvellous Musical Theatre act 3, I took the first 2 last term and really enjoyed it. The reason I took this class is because I really enjoy mythology. I hope to learn more about the gods and goddesses of Greek Mythology and I do have some knowledge of Roman Mythology, but not Japanese or Norse.

Pink? Well its ok I guess, and its my 9 year old granddaughter's favourite colour. Her bedroom is nearly all pink, but not the same shades.
But she has Frozen quilt cover and pillows so I think that "breaks" up the pink a bit ;)
AskyKyle|as483|Hufflepuff|
PostGrad|Pezzie'sHuffieSis|
Hollers|Hufflepuff Staff.
Siggy by Efie
Sierra Potter
No broom

Post by Sierra Potter »

right so

the name's sierra potter, but i go around simply by S - one alphabet nickname sounds fun anyway - or, sierra. your third-year gryffindor who's currently struggling to balance her real life and internet hours. i love cookies and cakes, along with myths and fantasies. so it's one of many reasons why i chose this class in the first place. also, thanks to a certain novel about Greek mythology for some basic information in order to stay alive in this world, here i am. i'm hoping to learn things here, adding stuff in my brain, y'know, to purify it from calculus and algebra because they are the worst.

i know a thing or two about Norse myth, Loki and Thor - a yay for Marvel! - and Odin, about Valhalla and Midgard, Asgard, some basic stuff actually. it applies in Roman too. don't know about Japanese one, except Ameterasu. what to say again - oh, and pink is good because strawberry is good and healthy.

for this term, i'm taking poetry writing, wizarding asia, this class, and confronting your boggart. every one has its own spesific reason, not gonna tell y'all here because it's long. like, really long.

nice to know y'all, anyway!

S
Cheers, Sierra.
Glacia Lace
No broom

Post by Glacia Lace »

Hi, I'm Glacia Lace a Ravenclaw first year. So far I'm taking mythology, Visit to Diagon Alley, and graphics because why not? I wanted to take this class also because I've been interested in Greek myths since I was 3 or 4, but now that I'm older most of the stories I read I forgot. Also, I need ideas for a PJO fanfiction *cough* I said nothing. I'm hoping to learn about the different heroes and ancient monsters, since I only remember Hercules and all those really famous heroes. I've read about Roman gods too, and a little bit Egyptian since it's the only mythology I know that has cat goddesses. And I dunno about pink, In the past I've loved it and hated it and now i'm just neutral. I still don't like it very much, but I'm over all that 'pink is a girly color' stage now. That was all just unfair.
About myself: I love cats and (obviously) the percy jackson series and Kane chronicles. I started reading The Sword of Summer but I didn't like it. I also like the Harry Potter books and Warrior cats, and writing fictional stories, both original and fanfiction, mostly action stuff not romance. I don't even know how I got in Ravenclaw, because I don't really like logic and math and stuff, I like a little science and surrealistic stuff. Which is another reason I chose to study mythology.
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger »

Hello Everyone, I'm Ryan Granger, a 7th year Ravenclaw who's just about to graduate, and not anywhere close to being ready to accept that fact. I'm a co-head prefect with my best friend in the world, Arielle Lemoyne. I like to give her crap and annoy her to no end. I hope to learn more about Greek myth than the general knowledge of the subject that I already have. I've taken a greek myth class before and read a few books, but it never hurts to refresh what I've already learned. I know a little bit about Roman and Norse myth. I've never really dived into Japanese before, but it would definitely be interesting to see those myths. As for my opinion on the color pink: it's not blue.
Prof. Ryan Granger | Ravenclaw Head of House | Most Likely Lost

Return to “Magical Greek Mythology”