How to Become a Student Teacher

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first

Moderator: Prefects

Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

How to Become a Student Teacher

Post by Evie Figg »

Apologies if this is not the correct place to ask this, however I scoured the forum and couldn't find anything posted recently about this.

I wanted to inquire about the process of becoming a student teacher? I read somewhere that you must have to have been a member of HOL for at least 6 months, and although I just joined this month, I am already feeling like HOL is going to be a long term place for me to stay!

Again, apologies if this isn't where I ask this but I am really interested in becoming a student teacher next term, or in the future :) Thank you in advance, and take care!
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Re: How to Become a Student Teacher

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Thats right, Evie! The HOL Handbook states the following:
Student Teachers
Should a student wish to teach a class, they can apply to become a Student Teacher. Students are, however, required to have been a member of HOL for at least 6 months and be at least 13 years old. Student Teachers must demonstrate maturity and good organizational skills, as well as prepare a class, grade assignments and submit House Points, as would a professor. Student Teachers are required to keep their class active and to fulfill all the expectations of a regular professor with regards to teaching a class. It's also important to note that only a few class applications from new student teachers are accepted each year.

If a Student Teacher graduates from HOL and they wish to continue teaching, they must then be promoted to Professor. A post graduate student cannot continue as a Student Teacher.
We’re excited to hear you’re interested in teaching within in the castle! Once you’ve been here for the required length of time and put together the work for a new class (I would suggest brainstorming, writing lessons/assignments, and creating the website sooner than later), you are more than encouraged to submit for a teaching position as applications reopen again for any new term. :)
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."

Return to “Ask a Prefect”