Hufflepuff Common Room Registration

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first

Moderator: Prefects

Lex Green
No broom

Hufflepuff Common Room Registration

Post by Lex Green »

Hi, me again! I've tried a few times now over the last week to register for the Hufflepuff forum and my registration email has not come through. There's a note on the homepage of the forum that says that can happen and to message Felicia, with a link to open a HOL message to them, but with the HOL messaging system offline, that's not working. I tried messaging via the forum but my message hasn't been opened. Is there anyone I can email or message that could help get this sorted?
A huge thank you to my secret elf for the sig!
Felicia
Moontrimmer

Re: Hufflepuff Common Room Registration

Post by Felicia »

Lex, you should be all Sett at the Sett... give it a try now.

Felicia
Esor Black
No broom

Post by Esor Black »

I'm having this same issue. I registered, but never got an email, so thought I'd cancel and try again and still never got an email.
Anne-Marie Gagne

Post by Anne-Marie Gagne »

Esor Black wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:15 am I'm having this same issue. I registered, but never got an email, so thought I'd cancel and try again and still never got an email.
Sometimes it takes a while for them to get to all the requests because of real life stuff. It'll be accepted as soon as it can.
Esor Black
No broom

Post by Esor Black »

No I'm talking about the automatic one that confirms your email that is supposed to come within 15 minutes. When I did the Gryffindor one it came within seconds.
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

Esor Black wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:22 pm No I'm talking about the automatic one that confirms your email that is supposed to come within 15 minutes. When I did the Gryffindor one it came within seconds.
Each forum differs. I got my Slytherin confirmation email right away, when my Hufflepuff one took a few days. My Gryffindor one actually never came at all, yet when I checked the forum, I had been accepted.

Be patient, it will come through :)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Hi Esor
I'm sorry you're having difficulties. Unfortunately email providers periodically blacklist emails from some of the Common Rooms, meaning validation emails can't get through. Why it happens isn't at all clear and there's not a lot we can do about it except wait for it to pass.
Fortunately once your validation is manually validated by an admin, you should be able to use your account even if you haven't been able to confirm your email address. It looks like you have been validated now so fingers crossed you should be able to access The Sett no problem. If you're still experiencing difficulties though, I'd suggest messaging Prof. Felicia via her profile here on the forum so she's sure to see it. :)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Esor Black
No broom

Post by Esor Black »

I just checked and yes I do have access! Thank you! I thought I would have to confirm for the admin to even accept, so that's good to know for the future. Have a great day! :D

Return to “Ask a Prefect”