Random Questions

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first

Moderator: Prefects

Oliver Granger
No broom

Random Questions

Post by Oliver Granger »

I've been reading peoples replies to messages and I was wondering if any prefect could please answer this. How do you get pets? Also how do you grow plants in herbology? These may sound stupid but I'm fascinated.
~ Oliver Granger Ravenclaw 1st Year B) :)
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Re: Random Questions

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger »

Hi Oliver,

Pets and growing plants in the greenhouse were older features on HOL that were lost when we updated the site.

That’s not to say that they’re gone forever. Our HO and Groundskeeper are constantly working to improve the site and add new features, so they may return!
Prof. Ryan Granger | Co-DHoH Ravenclaw | Most Likely Lost
Oliver Granger
No broom

Post by Oliver Granger »

Oh ok thank you!!!
~ Oliver Granger Ravenclaw 1st Year B) :)
Holly Mayweather
No broom

Post by Holly Mayweather »

I was wondering how points are tallied? is it for each assignment completed or how many participants in a class LOL
-Holly Mayweather, First year, Hufflepuff
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Hi Holly

The way that points are tallied is usually written in the introduction and/or syllabus of the classes. Points are earned by students for the homework which they complete.

For example, you are taking the class Herbology, given by Professor Sky Alton. If you look in About the Class, there is some information about the points in General Information. Specifics about the points earned in the Assignments can be found in the beginning of the assignment - for instance, in Assignment 1, she writes that you will be awarded a maximum of 60 points per assignment.

Participation in HOL Hogwarts activities might also earn points. If that is the case, the information is usually in the Introduction to that activity, with criteria for earning the points clearly delineated.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Ask a Prefect”