Making a HOL forum activity trouble

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first
Sparky McPup
No broom

Making a HOL forum activity trouble

Post by Sparky McPup » Sat May 02, 2020 8:52 am

Hi I wanted to make an activity thred in the HOL forum, but I cannot figure out how to make a thred. If you could let me know how to do this please let me know. My first idea was making an online DnD game, but then I realized that with all the stuff inside a DnD game might be a little to much for younger users. Is it okay that if instead of making a HOL DnD game I instead attach a link to a site like Roll Gate and set up a game over there and invite people from HOL who are interested in playing? Thanks for the help! :)
Sky Alton
Cleansweep Three

Re: Making a HOL forum activity trouble

Post by Sky Alton » Sat May 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi Sparky!

I'm very glad you're interested in creating activities for the community! Full scale activities like the Star Wars one that's currently going on have to be proposed to and approved by the HOL staff. If you have an idea for an activity, chat to either a head student or one of your house prefects and they can let you know if it's viable and how and when to proceed.

If you have an idea for a forum game like the ones in Music Talk, then speak to the forum moderators for the forum where you'd like to hold it and see if they'd be open to the idea. :)

Unfortunately we ask people not to link to external communities because of our policy on moderation. It's impossible for us to keep track of what gets posted on something beyond HOL and so we have to have that rule to protect younger members from following a link that might lead to something inappropriate (even if it's highly unlikely that anything would be).
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Sparky McPup
No broom

Re: Making a HOL forum activity trouble

Post by Sparky McPup » Sat May 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Thanks for that answer, but I guess I'm going to have to wait till I get a new idea. Also I don't blame you and the HOL staff for thinking there could be something inappropriate on Roll Gate because some people when they make DnD games they do sometimes add certain things that could be a little bit inappropriate for younger people. Even though when I make games I go for mystery and adventure and when I use a premade game for ideas I try to cut out as much inappropriate things as I can without damaging the story. So I can't blame you guys.

Return to “Ask a Prefect”