Idea for a sub-forum?

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first
Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Idea for a sub-forum?

Post by Pezzie Wolfe » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 pm

I'm not 100% sure who or where to post this question/idea...I might not be seeing it if this already is on here...

A study hall like place, where students can say gather and help each other...that could be under Classes, but I don't see all the classes I'm taking. So my wondering and curious mind is...what about a general study hall and someone from a class that they don't see that class with a sub-forum, can start a topic thread for that class.

So like:
Subject line: History of Witchcraft - Fall 2019

Then type their message/question, etc...
Sig Tag by Pezzie.
HOL Member since August 2003
Sky Alton
Cleansweep Two

Re: Idea for a sub-forum?

Post by Sky Alton » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi, as it says in the FAQ, generally suggestions should be passed on to a Prefect or HS via private message. :)

It's a nice idea to increase chatter around classes. We do have the General Class Discussions Board where people are welcome to source study tips or advice if they need it. I think the various houses also have their own study areas (we definitely do on Gryffindor and I know Slytherin have done a study hall in the past); as for help with specific classes, it's up to the teachers whether they think a forum is required or not (though I'm sure none of them would be against their students chatting about their assignments amongst themselves). If there was a desire for a study space above and beyond General Class Discussions, I'm sure it would be something we could look into in future.
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Return to “Ask a Prefect”