Introductions

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Introductions

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

This is the place where you can introduce yourself to the rest of the class! You can tell us why you decided to take this class, what other HOL classes you are taking, what do you like doing, or anything else you think convenient. Remember that, if you wish, this can be 10 points worth of assignment or extra credit.

I'll start myself:

I'm Prof. Gustavo Flores, from the fantastic and noble Ravenclaw House. I am Mexican, I am 26 years old. I studied Communications, and now I am a High-School Professor, teaching "Reading and Writing Workshop" and "Literature"!! I truly love my job! It's easily one of the best things that has happened to me! Ok, what else?? Literature, Cinema, and dancing are the activities I enjoy doing the most! I'm always reading a book, I can never say no when it's about watching a movie, and most of my free time is spent in dancing rehearsals or dancing classes (jazz, contemporary jazz, flexibility and gimnastics). I also enjoy playing board games and playing with my lovely dog! The classes I will be taking this term are: Accidental Magic Reversal Squad, Ancient Alchemy, Magic on Ice: Figure Skating, Magical Maladies and Muggle Studies: Fandoms I am very excited about all of them, and I truly hope I will be able to finish them!

Besides Fantastic Worlds and Where to Find Them, I am also teaching Healing Herbology, Disney Studies: The Classics, and Career Advice: Planning your Future! Make sure to check them out!

So, who's next?! Nice to meet you all!! And can't wait to begin!! ;)
Prof. Sirius Fudge
Cleansweep One

Re: Introductions

Post by Prof. Sirius Fudge »

Hello! I am Sirius, a seventh year badger prefect. This is my last term here. I took this class because it is fun to dwell to other story worlds also, aside from Hogwarts. While doing my first homework, I was able to watch the Lord of the Rings movies for the first time and appreciated it more. I am excited for the other worlds. My other classes are: Auror Training Level One, HOL OWLs, Magical Maladies, Muggle and Magic Collide II, and Occlumency. I am excited to know more and watch the other movies.

Post Graduate | Huffle Staff | HQT | HOL Class of 2018
Siobhan Sullivan
No broom

Post by Siobhan Sullivan »

Hello there!

My name is Siobhan Sullivan and I'm a 2nd year Ravenclaw (the best house, obviously)! I've taken some courses already and have been awarded my quills for the year but as any good Ravenclaw, I'm taking some extra classes just because I thought they looked like fun. This class seems pretty interesting to me. I've not explored ALL the worlds from this class so I'm looking forward to learning more about them. I'm an avid reader and will pick up just about anything. I've only put down 2 books in my entire lifetime (I've read something like 400 books overall so I think 2 is an acceptable number). I also like to be outdoors doing things like biking, hiking, camping, etc. I have a couple plants that I'm currently trying not to kill, so wish me luck with that. I have somewhat of a black thumb, though I do enjoy plants overall. Anyway, that's basically me in a nutshell! See you in class!
To know you are ignorant is the beginning of wisdom.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

Hey All,

I'm Kendra Givens, Second Year Ravenclaw Prefect, also friendly IRC channel operator (I'm usually there between 10pm and 4am HOL time, come say hi!). This term along with this class, I'm taking Herbology, Survival, The Her in Hero, and Shakespeare. I try to take a canon class each term, at least one class I have absolutely no previous knowledge about, and then anything that I might be a little bit familiar with that seems fun. This would be one of those familiar, fun classes. I'm a total video game/literature nerd and proud of it. Interestingly, I was never into the idea of reading LOTR, because after watching the movies, I always felt like there was so much detail in it that I would be super confused and overwhelmed by the books. After completing, lesson 1, I might give the books a try. In RL, I'm a high school counselor in the US, and I play flute in a college-level wind symphony for fun. If I were to have to choose another education/career path in life, I'd either be a Spanish teacher (I'm fluent!) or a philosophy professor. I'm writing a Philosophy HOL class for the fall, so watch out for that if you're interested!
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

Hi my name is Alexander Brighton, but everyone can just call me Alex. I am a second year Ravenclaw student. This term, aside from this class, I am also taking Advanced Care of Magical Creatures, Dragons, Quidditch - The Wizarding Way, and Treasure Hunt. I chose this class because it looked interesting and i like some of the worlds we'll be discussing. The assignments also look fun. In real life, I like to play with my animals and videogames (not at the same time). I am really excited for this term and meeting my classmates.
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Not late to the party at all…. Of course not. Hi everyone!
I’m Sky Alton, a 5th year Gryffindor. I’m also currently Head Girl, Prefect, an AOP for #hol, one of the heads of the HOL Book Club (we’ve got this strange hydra thing going on) and a superhero with the powers of a heron (honestly, I’ve no idea how any of that happened….).

I’m a writer with a huge love of fantasy worlds and magic so when I heard this class existed, I couldn’t wait for Gus to offer it again. I really enjoy classes with creative and essay options so this term, I’m also taking Shakespeare: An Introduction, WOMBAT, Muggles and Magic 2 and Basic Healing. I’ve also been completing the bulk of my OWLs this year and really enjoying them (which sounds like it ought to be a contradiction in terms).
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Fantastic Worlds and Where to Find Them”