Summer Olympics 2020/1

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Summer Olympics 2020/1

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

It is that time of the year again! Kind of. :P

Despite not being such a religious sports follower, I love love love the summer and winter Olympics. Sadly, due to obvious reasons, Tokyo Summer Olympics 2020 was postponed to the summer of this year (2021). However, it was not confirmed that the Olympics will for sure happen in July and August.

My favorite thing about the Olympics is the opening ceremony and the Parade of Nations. Despite it lasting hours, it is just so fascinating to see hosting country's culture and the ingenious (or hilariously awful :lol: ) costumes participating countries will show up in.

As for the sports, I am so happy to see sports climbing finally making an appearance at the Olympics. I was really into the sport when I was younger and I long to come back to it when I will have a chance. I also usually try to catch equestrian events, shooting and archery, together with more commonly showed ones like swimming, athletics and gymnastics.

I will root for the USA and Germany! I also pick a small, underdog country each year to root for, though I am yet undecided on that one.

What are your thoughts on this years Olympics in general? What nation will you be rooting for? What events will you watch?
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Tags:
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Re: Summer Olympics 2020/1

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

It looks like the Olympics are gonna happen and I am beyond excited for gymnastics and diving! My favorite beach volleyball person, Kerri Lee Walsh Jennings, didn't make it this time and I was so disappointed.

I like the opening ceremonies as well. I love seeing all the countries!
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~

Return to “Sports Talk”