Chapter Challenges

Moderator: Prefects

Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Chapter Challenges

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Along with our favorite stars reading Harry Potter chapter by chapter, Wizarding World is handing out chapter challenges! These chapter challenges are quizzes to test your knowledge on each chapter after you've listened to them being read.

Here is the chapter challenge to the newest (as of posting this) video for chapter 9! If these creative challenges aren't quite your thing, they also have multiple-choice quizzes! If you go here and scroll down to 'Chapter Quizzes' you can find all of the chapter quizzes and going to their features page and scrolling to the bottom under 'More to Explore' will show you all the chapter challenges!

Has anyone tried any of these out yet? How did you do?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Re: Chapter Challenges

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

As a joke, I tried answering the questions before reading/re-reading the chapters. I believe that barring one or two questions, I already knew the answers, due to my Quidditch experience. Keep missing some though, and these were the ones I always have trouble with. :P

Such a fun and creative way to incorporate reader engagement!
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Yeah, I've been really impressed by the thought and creativity that's gone into the resources to accompany the readings. I think if I was a child discovering the book for the first time then the little writing/drawing/crafting challenges would have really helped bring it to life (and even as an adult, some of them got me wishing I had the time to do them). The quizzes were a fun way to procrastinate a few minutes - top marks on all of them (though probably because I've only just recently re-read PS).
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Avery Hill
No broom

Post by Avery Hill »

I did do all of it seriously up to 11, then I got bored.
Kasho Kakichi
No broom

Post by Kasho Kakichi »

This is an amazingly interesting concept from a teaching perspective. The questions seem to be written to draw out creativity, improve their comprehension, and most importantly (in my opinion), it prompts one to use their imagination. We know the wizarding world is vast, but there is so much information given for readers to piece together and get a picture dramatically different from another reader. The great thing, though, is that both of them can be right because of the gaps intentionally left in the book so that we readers are forced to use our minds to read, answer the questions, and learn while having fun.
Sarah Hart
No broom

Post by Sarah Hart »

i love this idea!

Return to “Pottermore”