Buh Bye, Pottermore

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Buh Bye, Pottermore

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

On October 1, it was reported that Pottermore will be closing to make way for a rebranding of the website. With the addition of Fantastic Beasts and The Cursed Child, the existing content has simply outgrown the platform. If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up for your Wizarding Passport so the transition will be seamless.

Pottermore has changed direction since I was one of the million beta-testers but it is okay with me.

What do you think?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Tags:
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Re: Buh Bye, Pottermore

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I had to check the site for an OWL thing and I have to say that I do not like all the changes the site went through. If it had been a completely new site and the previous Pottermore one would not have existed, I would have loved it. However, I had been lucky to be one of the beta testers and I miss the exploration, point-gaining, finding secrets, etc. of Pottermore. I especially loved brewing potions.

Make no mistake, I love all the world-building (even though at times, it makes little sense) and new information we get on this beloved series, but it feels as if there is something....missing.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Allison Moore
No broom

Post by Allison Moore »

I honestly didn't know that Pottermore was going to be deleted. I was quite shocked when I found out!
-Allison Moore
Music McFarlin
No broom

Post by Music McFarlin »

It really is sad to see how it's changed in my opinion. Normally I think change is good, but I feel like Pottermore has taken away some of the more fun aspects that I used to love. What is there to really do anymore?
Zurawlina Keller
No broom

Post by Zurawlina Keller »

It was one of the most dissapointing things in my life :”( I remember as child was playing games on Pottermore and there was so much to explore and have fun… And now it’s just plain additional info about the wizarding world… I can’t even imagine what was the point of this rebrending, but it’s extremely sad
Dibyarup James Potter
Oakshaft 79

Post by Dibyarup James Potter »

I miss the old Pottermore to this day! I had the opportunity to use the website in 2014, and I instantly fell in love with it. My school friends and I would send each other gifts and I would brew potions all day and explore the chapters finding secrets and there were coins we could find also I think? But then in 2015 the site was "revamped" and it broke my heart so much, I sent a lot of support mails, "Please bring back the old Pottermore!!" now that I think about it, it was quite silly of me, but I was just 12 years old, so I guess it can be excused.

In my opinion they could have just let the old website be and make a new one, or just add onto the old website, or keep the fan-favourite elements of the old website while adding the new ones. Literally every Potterhead I have come across till date, who had the opportunity to use the old Pottermore, admit that they miss it dearly.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror

Return to “Pottermore”