A New Sorting Hat

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

A New Sorting Hat

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Have you signed up for your Wizarding Passport yet? On September 1, Wizarding World/Pottermore announced that they will be giving the Sorting Hat ceremony a makeover with a new look and feel. A relaunch date has yet to be announced.

Now I’m a Pottermore Gryffindor and was very comfortable with that so no one was more surprised then me when I was sorted into HOL Ravenclaw. At the time, I felt like a Griffin – front legs and head of an eagle but the body and hind legs of a lion!

But I got over it and I guess I’ll get sorted yet again.

How about you?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Tags:
Eliza Hawkins
No broom

Re: A New Sorting Hat

Post by Eliza Hawkins »

I actually have barely explored Pottermore yet, only a couple of years ago when it first popped up. The revamp of the Sorting Hat might be a good reason to check it out again. I felt that the first edition, the questions were a little too easy to get the house that you *wanted* instead of actually were... I think there was one back in the day on MuggleNet that was really good. Does anyone else remember that?
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

This is what I think I know about Pottermore's Sorting Hat Quiz:

I remember when the Pottermore Sorting Hat quiz was new, and while many agreed with the House they were sorted into, many did not. Some very analytical individuals took each of the questions and, based on the responses on several thousand people who had taken the quiz and the Houses they were sorted into, it appeared that some of the questions/responses didn't match up well to the individual Houses, but most did. For the most part, those questions have since been removed. Based on the opinions of these analytical folks, if you take the Sorting Hat quiz about 3 or 4 times and keep getting the same House, and you most likely will, you have been correctly sorted, based on Pottermore's criteria.

They did find some who appear to be a mix of 2 Houses, but it's unusual.

Source:
pottermoreanalysis.tumblr.com

I've taken the Sorting Hat quiz on every site I can find, and Pottermore's many times. I know which House fits me best, which fits me second best, which fits me somewhat, and which one not at all.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

I've got my wizarding passport; I think I signed up for it a few months ago. On the older site, I was sorted into Slytherin (whether not was accurate or I was screwing with the hat, I can't remember :lol:), but on the new site, I tried to answer honestly and got Ravenclaw, which really surprised me because I've never placed myself there and others haven't either. I've taken many sorting hat quizzes before and I get various results.

There are also a lot of other cool features to the site. I've been given a wand already: Hawthorn wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 ½" and unbending flexibility. I just took the Patronus test as well and apparently, it's a hummingbird :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I've a wand - Chestnut wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 ½" and suprisingly swishy flexibility.

My Patronus - Sphynx cat!

image shows a sphinx cat patronus, coloured in blues and silvery-white walking along - shown against a black background

This time was Sorted into Gryffindor.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson »

I can't wait to be sorted again. I'll let you guys know what I get when I have finished the test and it comes out again. My guess would be Slytherin since every time since I been sort the first time in the old old official sites that was taken down long time ago I have always been Slytherin. However I'm not as cold blooded and mean like I once was so who knows maybe things have changed.
Lucy Poole
No broom

Post by Lucy Poole »

I have done the Sorting Hat test on Pottermore serval times and each time I get sorted into a different house. The first time I took it, I was a Hufflepuff, but here I'm a Gryffindor. I think that I identify more with Hufflepuff more though. :P
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

The new Sorting Hat quiz is out. The questions haven't changed, with the exception of selecting a pet.

I had a really difficult time maneuvering through some of the questions on the app because of how we were supposed to turn our phones, but at least I was still sorted into the usual house. I always get a new wand and patronus, which I really don't like.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Similar to Lucy, I did the Sorting Hat several times, each time with different results, which I think just proves how unreliable the sorting there is. I always thought that, when Pottermore still had houses and point-earning, people were sorted so that the house numbers were as even as possible.

My first time I got Gryffindor, second Hufflepuff I think, and now Ravenclaw. Since the sortings were quite apart, it was not just me answering differently as by the time I took the next sorting, I had forgotten most of the questions.

Interestingly enough, my Patronus is still the same.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Ivy Vaiana
No broom

Post by Ivy Vaiana »

I took it once on my friend's account, and I got Gryffindor, I have yet to get my wizarding passport though, I didn't know that it would have a different answer every time.
Vanessa Murrell
No broom

Post by Vanessa Murrell »

I have bearly used Pottermore but that sounds really cool. I think having a different sorting hat must be fun because I myself have taken the quiz over and over again. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the heads up.
Kat Silver
No broom

Post by Kat Silver »

I have taken the Pottermore quiz on multiple accounts, just to be triple sure i was sorted into the right house and i got Hufflepuff every time. I 100% relate with Hufflepuff in every aspect of the way. If them revamping the ceremony changes my house i might cry :unsure:
Irma Lestrange
No broom

Post by Irma Lestrange »

every 5 years i re do it to make sure im still in my house i always got gryfindor exept the last time i got hufflepuff(nothing wrong with them i love them!) but i re did it this year and i was Gryfindor in HOL and pottermore.
Haneyah Abbasi
No broom

Post by Haneyah Abbasi »

I take the quiz once every year. So far, I’ve always gotten Slytherin, and I also got Slytherin on HOL.
Daria Summers
No broom

Post by Daria Summers »

I actually went onto Pottermore a few times before the update and was placed in Slytherin many times, after the update when I tried it there were different questions than what I was previously asked so I was afraid that I would be put in some other house than Slytherin but I still ended up in Slytherin the end.
Zara Monoliste
No broom

Post by Zara Monoliste »

I've had a few accounts for Pottermore, but I lost one, and the second one glitched and everything got mixed up. Anyways, I finally got everything right now, have been sorted into the right house, gotten my wand and patronus (though I think it could be more accurate). The sad part is, I'm allergic to my wand wood. Ash. Not terribly allergic, but still, not fun. Oh well, it's a wand, I won't complain!
Caitlin Morrisey
No broom

Post by Caitlin Morrisey »

On the Pottermore website, I was sorted into Gryffindor, and on the HOL website, I was sorted into Hufflepuff. I found it very interesting that I was sorted into 2 different houses.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I've never been sorted into another house .... I took several quiz here and there, and the house always be Ravenclaw :blink: I have about three accounts on Pottermore, and all of them are Ravenclaw. I did a kind of sorting which you can get the percentage of each house. Well, come close to Ravenclaw, there is Hufflepuff. I think if I don't get Ravenclaw then it would be Hufflepuff~
Olive Granger
No broom

Post by Olive Granger »

I got sorted into Ravenclaw in Pottermore but in HOL its Gryffindor so after getting sorted into Gryffindor I again took the pottermore test and now it's saying that I'm in Gryffindor. I guess your personality changes with time?? :wacko:
Ethan Freckelton
No broom

Post by Ethan Freckelton »

On Pottermore I had always been a Gryffindor. I then took the test a year later and got Ravenclaw, I then went back to Pottermore later on and got Gryffindor again! It must change with your personality..

Return to “Pottermore”