A New Sorting Hat

Polaris Black
Comet 140

A New Sorting Hat

Post by Polaris Black » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Have you signed up for your Wizarding Passport yet? On September 1, Wizarding World/Pottermore announced that they will be giving the Sorting Hat ceremony a makeover with a new look and feel. A relaunch date has yet to be announced.

Now I’m a Pottermore Gryffindor and was very comfortable with that so no one was more surprised then me when I was sorted into HOL Ravenclaw. At the time, I felt like a Griffin – front legs and head of an eagle but the body and hind legs of a lion!

But I got over it and I guess I’ll get sorted yet again.

How about you?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Eliza Hawkins
No broom

Re: A New Sorting Hat

Post by Eliza Hawkins » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:36 pm

I actually have barely explored Pottermore yet, only a couple of years ago when it first popped up. The revamp of the Sorting Hat might be a good reason to check it out again. I felt that the first edition, the questions were a little too easy to get the house that you *wanted* instead of actually were... I think there was one back in the day on MuggleNet that was really good. Does anyone else remember that?
February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Post by February Fortescue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:55 pm

This is what I think I know about Pottermore's Sorting Hat Quiz:

I remember when the Pottermore Sorting Hat quiz was new, and while many agreed with the House they were sorted into, many did not. Some very analytical individuals took each of the questions and, based on the responses on several thousand people who had taken the quiz and the Houses they were sorted into, it appeared that some of the questions/responses didn't match up well to the individual Houses, but most did. For the most part, those questions have since been removed. Based on the opinions of these analytical folks, if you take the Sorting Hat quiz about 3 or 4 times and keep getting the same House, and you most likely will, you have been correctly sorted, based on Pottermore's criteria.

They did find some who appear to be a mix of 2 Houses, but it's unusual.

Source:
pottermoreanalysis.tumblr.com

I've taken the Sorting Hat quiz on every site I can find, and Pottermore's many times. I know which House fits me best, which fits me second best, which fits me somewhat, and which one not at all.
av and sig by Professor Fumei Spookie
Iverian Gnash
Moontrimmer

Post by Iverian Gnash » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:22 pm

I've got my wizarding passport; I think I signed up for it a few months ago. On the older site, I was sorted into Slytherin (whether not was accurate or I was screwing with the hat, I can't remember :lol:), but on the new site, I tried to answer honestly and got Ravenclaw, which really surprised me because I've never placed myself there and others haven't either. I've taken many sorting hat quizzes before and I get various results.

There are also a lot of other cool features to the site. I've been given a wand already: Hawthorn wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 ½" and unbending flexibility. I just took the Patronus test as well and apparently, it's a hummingbird :D
Thanks to the amazing Prof. Scarlet for my siggy and avatar!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:06 pm

I've a wand - Chestnut wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 ½" and suprisingly swishy flexibility.

My Patronus - Sphynx cat!

image shows a sphinx cat patronus, coloured in blues and silvery-white walking along - shown against a black background

This time was Sorted into Gryffindor.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 am

I can't wait to be sorted again. I'll let you guys know what I get when I have finished the test and it comes out again. My guess would be Slytherin since every time since I been sort the first time in the old old official sites that was taken down long time ago I have always been Slytherin. However I'm not as cold blooded and mean like I once was so who knows maybe things have changed.
Lucy Poole
No broom

Post by Lucy Poole » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:57 am

I have done the Sorting Hat test on Pottermore serval times and each time I get sorted into a different house. The first time I took it, I was a Hufflepuff, but here I'm a Gryffindor. I think that I identify more with Hufflepuff more though. :P
February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Post by February Fortescue » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:52 am

The new Sorting Hat quiz is out. The questions haven't changed, with the exception of selecting a pet.

I had a really difficult time maneuvering through some of the questions on the app because of how we were supposed to turn our phones, but at least I was still sorted into the usual house. I always get a new wand and patronus, which I really don't like.
av and sig by Professor Fumei Spookie

Return to “Pottermore”