Harry Potter Book Night

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Harry Potter Book Night

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Pottermore sent out a mailing about their Harry Potter Book Night. Of course, I received it just this morning, so missed the whole thing ... but here's the link to it: Harry Potter Book Night 2019

In the mailing, they say
Join us for the 5th Harry Potter Book Night as we celebrate our favourite wizarding school, Hogwarts!

It’s a castle, it’s magic, it has ghosts... what’s not to love?

Now, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is famously filled with mysteries, so how much do you know about the passages, passwords and pesky poltergeists inside its walls? Test your knowledge with The Hogwarts Castle Quiz.
Did you go? Was it fun? What happened? :)

However, in the email there is also a link to a HP Quiz! Here's the QUIZ!

Take it! How did you do?
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Tags:
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Re: Harry Potter Book Night

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

I got:
13/15 · Scored 86%
Result: Budding Marauder

Thanks for the tip!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

I love HP Book Night! I've gone to an event for the last 3 years! I have the Bloomsbury HP Book Night download content if anyone wants it, just shoot me a message! It has coloring pages, trivia, and fun activities!

I did go, and it was a lot of fun! The one near me was at the mall. They had butterbeer, butterbeer flavored fudge and chocolate frogs! They had lots of different activities like making quills and bowtruckles, face painting, and a costume contest!

On the quiz I got:
14/15 · Scored 93%
You navigated this quiz so well you didn’t even need a map! Even Dumbledore doesn’t claim to know all Hogwarts’ secrets, but you’re not far off. The Marauders may just accept you as an honorary member.
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

For Harry Potter Book Night I had a mini Harry Potter marathon by watching HP fan films. It wasn't much, but I really loved it and it was a magical evening.
14/15 · Scored 93%
You navigated this quiz so well you didn’t even need a map! Even Dumbledore doesn’t claim to know all Hogwarts’ secrets, but you’re not far off. The Marauders may just accept you as an honorary member.
Arianna, the mall sounds AWESOME! I wish (or maybe I haven't been searching hard enough) for something like that near me.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Kat Breeze
No broom

Post by Kat Breeze »

I did the quiz and I got 11 out of 15 - 73% which I'm quite happy about. I've never been to a book night though :mellow:
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Shadow Gaunt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:24 pm Arianna, the mall sounds AWESOME! I wish (or maybe I haven't been searching hard enough) for something like that near me.
I would check with the book stores near you, especially any Bradley's Bookstores or Barnes & Nobles, a lot of them tend to have them! It's every february :) If you search for Bloomsbury Harry Potter Book Night, you should be able to find their website. There you can sign up for the reminders, look at the map for events that have registered with them, and there are activities like trivia and name generators; plus downloadable images for wallpapers/facebook covers/etc!
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

Ooh thank you Arianna. I will have to write this down for next year!
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Pottermore”