How well do you know your fantastic beasts?

Moderator: Prefects

Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

How well do you know your fantastic beasts?

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Pottermore has been busy churning out new Fantastic Beasts info while also getting ready for Harry Potter Book Night (which is today, Feb. 1)!
(Stop by the Book Club and join in on the 2018 Harry Potter Festival to participate in some cool events!)

One of the many things they've added is a new quiz! From Pottermore:
The original Fantastic Beasts textbook, ‘written’ by Newt Scamander, represents the fruit of his many years of travel and research – a compendium of creatures from around the wizarding world. But how well do you know our favourite magical creatures tome? It’s quiz time!
Try your luck here: Fantastic Beasts Textbook Quiz and post your results below!

Here is mine (looks like I need to study more!):
18/30 · Scored 60%
Result: Snidget-savvy
Not bad – at the very least, you know your basic beasts. While we wouldn’t advise offering to help Charlie Weasley with dragons straight away, we’d definitely trust you to Kneazle-sit.
As a side note, I wonder how Leprechauns feel on their inclusion under the title of "little people" with fairies, doxies and imps?

Tags:
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Re: How well do you know your fantastic beasts?

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

25/30 · Scored 83%
Result: Simply the beast
Go on, take a bow. Not because a Hippogriff is staring at you, but because you’re an official expert in magical creatures. Even Newt would be impressed. Congratulations!

Don't be too impressed - I took Fantastic Beasts last term! :lol:
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

30/30 · Scored 100%

Go on, take a bow. Not because a Hippogriff is staring at you, but because you’re an official expert in magical creatures. Even Newt would be impressed. Congratulations!
*~*~*~*~*
However, Fels and I did have that Fantastic Beasts activity in the Sett last summer. We learned a lot about Fantastic Beasts and I guess it stuck!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Emanuel Hines
No broom

Post by Emanuel Hines »

24/30 · Scored 80%
Result: Wampus-wiz
Well done: you certainly know your Nifflers from your Nogtails. If Hagrid was ever in need of a teaching assistant, you’d be in with a shout. Just be careful around those Skrewts!
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

30/30 · Scored 100%

I am the assistant for the Care of Magical Creatures class after all. I might be worried if I didn't know all of this.

I was really pleased by this question here: Think you know your Nifflers?

What do you think, Tarma? Do you? XD
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Noe Summerset
No broom

Post by Noe Summerset »

25/30 · Scored 83%

Return to “Pottermore”