Welcome 2013-2014 Witchcraft Students!

Class led by Polaris Black

Moderator: Prof. Polaris Black

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Kyrie Adderholt »

Hello and welcome! I'm Kyrie Adderholt, your teacher for this amazing class. I am currently a 6th year Ravenclaw and Ravenclaw's Head Prefect. I am a member of RQT. This class is back from a one year hiatus while I completed my MA. In RL I have a BA in History and a pending MA in Holocaust Studies (waiting for marks is awful!). I have taken multiple classes on witchcraft during my time at university and a lot of that information has been used to create this class. I hope you all enjoy it!

Please post your introductions here :)
thank you dear Sin
Justice Decor
No broom

Post by Justice Decor »

Hello, I'm Justice Decor.
I just recently started at HOL
IRL I'm 15 years old and from Ireland and I love everything to do with magic and witchcraft
Kaiwa Alexandra
No broom

Post by Kaiwa Alexandra »

Hi I'm Kaiwa Alexandra.
I'm Miss Adderholt's biggest fan who likes to stalk her everywhere she goes
I'm a third year Eagle who likes to wear quidditch robes to sleep.
It's so exciting that Kyrie brings back this class. Because I've always wanted to take this class to understand why actually Zoki Phantom is a witch because the history of witchcraft looks interesting.
IRL I'm a 21 yo young lady who likes to eat cookies and ice cream.
Nice to meet you all :D
Nyre Stefendottir
No broom

Post by Nyre Stefendottir »

Hello all! My name is Nyre Stefendottir, and I'm a first year! I'm really looking forward to both this class, and also to making friends! It's nice to meet you all.

I'm taking this class as the history of Witchcraft has always fascinated me, and I would love to know more. I've owned quite a few books on witchcraft, witch trials, and famous witches, but I think that taking a class like this will teach me more.

IRL, I'm a sixteen year-old Canadian who's an author and artist.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Hi everyone! I'm Scarlet Leslie, Ravenclaw professor. I wanted to take this class ever since Kyrie first offered it, but I didn't think I would be able to put enough effort in with the pharmacy school workload. So, now that I graduated, I am so glad that she brought this class back! My background is mainly science, but I do enjoy small doses of history.

You can usually find me searching for snitches to catch (yay seeking!), playing volleyball, or snacking on cookies that I've stolen from Kaiwa.

See you around!
Jellicle Moon
No broom

Post by Jellicle Moon »

Hello, my name is Jellicle Moon.
I am a 2nd year Huffie.
I enjoy reading, doing puzzles, playing video games and writing.
Why I picked this class is to learn more about the brief history of witchcraft.
Natasha Wynterborne
No broom

Post by Natasha Wynterborne »

Hello, I'm Natasha Wynterborne, a second year Gryffindor.

I love reading, especially fantasy and horror. I just finished the 14th Dresden Files book. I also love movies and spending time with my cat.

I signed up for this class because I enjoy history in general, and I think witchcraft is a fascinating topic. I want to learn more about it, if it varies from country to country, and why certain groups were accused and/or persecuted.
avatar & banner by the amazing Fumei
Lilly Anderson
No broom

Post by Lilly Anderson »

Hi I'm Lilly Anderson! I'm an ickle Hufflepuff so, I'm in my first year.
I love to read and snow ski. I am currently re-reading the mysterious benedict society. I also love hanging out with my friends although I am shy around people I don't know.
I am taking this class because I love history and when I looked at the website I saw that it some of the best lessons and questions. So I am very happy to be taking this class and reading the interesting lessons and learning why witches were persecuted.
Thanks Scarlet!
*hugs*
Amy Charz
No broom

Post by Amy Charz »

Hi! I'm Amy Charz, I'm a third year Ravenclaw who adores Quidditch. IRL, I'm 19 and studying English. I'm usually either reading, botting, playing a video game, watching Doctor Who, or doing last minute homework.

I wanted to take this class because I'm actually a witch's familiar. I thought it might be a good idea to learn more about the background of witchcraft, so I can better understand the antics of Zoki Phantom.
Amy Charz | am1020 | RQT member
Sierra Potter
No broom

Post by Sierra Potter »

Hi. Name's Sierra Potter, second year of Gryffindor. Likes ice cream, cake, cookies, and anything that sweet but dislikes girl's stuffs like dolls and others. I enjoy reading, sleeping, drawing, and daydreaming.

I take this class because of my interest in history. And I think witchcraft will be interesting too, as same as war.
Cheers, Sierra.
Prof. Sandra Bloomwicks
No broom

Post by Prof. Sandra Bloomwicks »

Hiya! I'm Sandy (Sandra Bloomwicks) a 7th year (finally) Ravenclaw, crazy huh. I'm excited and scared to be taking my N.E.W.Ts and graduating. I have no idea what I'm going to do after I graduate. I've been toying with the idea of staying in academia and becoming a professor, but that assumes I'm not lazy.

I chose History of Witchcraft because the lessons looked amazing and I felt like I should know more about it. A long time ago, I took a writing seminar on Witches and Witchcraft which covered mostly witchcraft in Europe, and I saw that this class covered such a variety of countries across time and thought it would be a good follow up (almost 10 years later o.0)

In real life, I work at a tech company in California that makes brain training games (Lumosity), it's a ton of fun. On the side, I love performing circus (flying trapeze and aerial hoop) as well as dancing, mostly modern.
Wand: 13 1/4 inch ash demiguise hair
<3 Efie for sig
Chelsea Granger
No broom

Post by Chelsea Granger »

Hi, everybody! I am a 6th year Hufflepuff. I have been on HOL Virtual Hogwarts since 2002. I am hoping that I will have the team to complete all of my classes this year and next to finally graduate and continue to become a professor or something. Looking forward to his class.

In real life, I work in a doctor's office in medical records. I just graduated from school last year as a pharmacy technician and am looking for a job in that field.

Chelsea Granger
ch364
Amanda Summers
No broom

Post by Amanda Summers »

Hello everyone, I am a 5th year at HOL, in Gryffindor, I have been here since January of 2005, I am looking forward to contining and finishing this class this year. I have always been intersted in witchcraft history and watching them on TV and movies, I am taking this class to learn more about how witches are portrayed.

In real life I am a mother of two wonderful children ages 4 and 8 months, I am currently a stay at home mom, and will be returning to University next fall. I attend New York University, will be a Junior studying childhood education and special education.

I am looking forward to more!
Last edited by Amanda Summers on Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luna Von Überwald
No broom

Post by Luna Von Überwald »

Hello!

I'm Luna von Ãœberwald and this is my second year at HOL, but I'm still a firstie because of muggle life problems (aka RL). I'm a Ravenclaw and I joined this class because I'm really fascinated by the history of all of us. So yeah, I hope I learn a lot!
Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Post by Matilde Rayne »

Hi! I'm Mattie, a third year Ravenclaw prefect who's spent the last two years wondering why she didn't just sign up with the name "Mattie" in the first place <<. A few things that I like are comic books, science fiction, baking, chemistry, procrastinating (clearly...), and Quidditch.

I remember wanting to take this class my first year, so I was glad to see it being offered again! I usually gravitate toward science- or mathematics- related things, but I do like to learn about history sometimes too.
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Hello all! As it's obvious from some of our ruder classmates above, I'm Zoki Phantom and have been marked a witch by our not so lovely teacher. I enjoy writing, tv shows, graphics, and all things magic. Which doesn't necessarily make me a witch, so I'm here to find out if I'm one or not, and to see how my possible ancestors have been treated throughout the ages. Yes, possible revenging coming if you haven't been nice to my family!

But yes, I've been meaning to take this class for a while, though last year it only hit me during the midterm period that I wanted to take it and I wanted to take the whole course. So here's me this year, wreaking havoc in Miss Adderholt's class. ;)
Arianne Aurora
No broom

Post by Arianne Aurora »

Hi! I am a first year Hufflepuff named Arianne Aurora. I joined this class because I love learning history, especially to do with witches and wizards. Looking forward to learning!
Arianne Aurora
Lillith Cesco
No broom

Post by Lillith Cesco »

Hi everyone.

My name is Lillith and I'm a first year Ravenclaw. I'm form Germany and 23 years old.
I love singing although I can't play a musical instrument.
History was one of my favourite subjects at school, so I thougth that I should take a class with a similar topic here as well.
I'm currently studying an university for my teachers degree in special education.

If you have any questions about me, feel free to send me a pm. :)
Prue Reinvach
No broom

Post by Prue Reinvach »

Hello! My name is Prue Reinvach I'm first year in Ravenclaw.
I want to learn witch and wizard because I'm interested in learning them.

Nice to know you all:)

Return to “The History of Witchcraft”