Welcome 2011-2012 Witchcraft Students!

Class led by Polaris Black

Moderator: Prof. Polaris Black

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Kyrie Adderholt »

So glad you guys have signed up and are ready to go on our witchy tour through Europe, America, and Africa!

This is the place that you can post to introduce yourself to me and your other classmates! :D
thank you dear Sin
Diandra Mordecai
No broom

Post by Diandra Mordecai »

Hey! My name's Diandra (of course) and I'm a first year Ravenclaw. (Go blue!) I read a lot, and write a little, and enjoy both immensely.

The biggest reason I'm taking this class is because I read, actually. Fantasy--almost exclusively. And fantasy is full of all things magical, which has always made me wonder about the concrete history of real life magic. I've read a bit about Paganism, crystal properties, herbology, and the origins of magical creatures, but I've never really found the time to properly devote myself to this interest.

I'm really looking forward to getting down to the content of this course and exploring the subject!
Hope OReilly
No broom

Post by Hope OReilly »

Hi, I'm Hope O'Reilly and I'm a second year Gryffindor. I love Harry Potter and especially hol. I took this class because its an interesting subject and I'm taking a history class at Vanderbilt with the same topics.
Kirra Rohan
Oakshaft 79

Post by Kirra Rohan »

Hey y'all.

I'm Kirra Rohan, 2nd year Ravenclaw.

I took this class because it seemed interesting and because I think I could get a lot out of it.

And because the teacher is pretty wonderful too. *halos*

No but seriously, it's a well written class on a subject that interests me, so I'm looking forward to it.
Kirra Rohan | ki923 | Prefect | RQT
Krizia Chambers
No broom

Post by Krizia Chambers »

Hello all.
My name is Krizia Chambers and I'm a first year Ravenclaw.
I'm taking Charms, Fae Folk, History of Hogwarts: the founders, wand-making and of course this class.
I love making graphics as you can see I made the signature banner in my sig.
I took this class because I've always been curious about witchcraft for more than 4 years and now I get to learn the history behind it.
Jenna Roth
No broom

Post by Jenna Roth »

Hello everyone. I am Jenna Roth (Jen plz!), a third year 'puff. I chose this class because it's a combination of two things of many that interest me very much: history and magic.
Alex Cathers
No broom

Post by Alex Cathers »

Hey, I'm Alex Cathers. :P
I join The History of Witchcraft because I have learned the basics of Wicca and now I want to know the history of the witches and where the magic all started.

Witchcraft today isn't devil worshiping like it was many centuries ago, it is all about connecting with the world around you and believeing that everything happens for a reason. Although there are many types of magic, you only need to believe for your spells to work, the more you practice the more your spells will work better. Just always remeber: whatever spell you do, good or bad, it will come back in a three-fold.
Rowan Nazz
No broom

Post by Rowan Nazz »

Hi I'm Rowan Nazz and I'm a sixth year Ravenclaw. I love to read, watch movies, and take pictures. I also love music, both listening to it and singing/playing my flute.

I chose to take this class because it seemed very interesting. I've read about a couple of different systems for practicing magic in various fantasy books and I'd like to learn more about how people perceive magic being practiced in the real world. I'd like to know more about witch hunts since the only one I know much about is the Salem witch trials. The reasons people were accused of being witches are very thought-provoking.
Michelle Erickson
No broom

Post by Michelle Erickson »

Hello, I am Michelle Erickson, Second Year Ravenclaw. I took this class for many reasons. First, I love history in any form and they don't cover something like this in real school you know? Secondly, I love the Harry Potter universe along with those of Charmed, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer/Angel, Supernatural, and the fairy tales of Hans Christian Anderson and the Brothers Grimm;I love to learn about the real world folklore they each draw upon.
"You could be a greater hero than you know. So be kind, do good, and change the world. Because you are capable of that.

The Doctor is Watching."

Return to “The History of Witchcraft”