History of Hogwarts Graduations

Class led by Prof. Cosmo B. Mott

Moderator: Prof. Cosmo B. Mott

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

History of Hogwarts Graduations

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

As we put the first term behind us, it's of course time to celebrate everyone's achievements. You folks keep blowing my mind with your creativity and how interesting your submissions are to my mundane assignments. Kudos to all class members from the past term! Before we get down to business, here's a small rundown of the general class opinions...

It was agreed that the safest method of transportation is the Hogwarts Express. It's secure, cozy, and it has food on it - what's not to like? On the other hand, opinions were very divided when it came to least safe form of transport, but most students though Apparition and (Broom) Flying are the worst. One's very dangerous if you're not experienced, the other is highly tiring and uncomfortable, and neither of them come with comfy seats and food. ;)

The majority spoke against the removal of the Whomping Willow and feel it should be protected at all costs. Since it was not seen as a huge danger, then it likely comes with no surprise that most students also believe it is okay to use the Forbidden Forest both for detention and classes. Rest assured the Caretaker will be notified of your opinion so when someone complains about the potential troubles with the forest, we can say the students demanded it. :P

Congratulations to the following students for successfully earning a quill during the first term of History of Hogwarts: The Castle!
Alessandra Grace - (A) Acceptable
Bella Erdita - (EE) Exceeds Expectations
Cassie Walker - (O) Outstanding
February Fortescue - (O) Outstanding

Hannah R Thomas - (EE) Exceeds Expectations
Hermione Brontë - (O) Outstanding
Ivelisse Ada - (O) Outstanding
Polaris Black - (O) Outstanding

Prof. Felicia Hartwick - (A) Acceptable
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis - (O) Outstanding
Regulus Riverwater - (A) Acceptable
Rowan Dream - (O) Outstanding
Sirius Fudge - (O) Outstanding

A Shining Star of Hard Work award will be given out to everyone who had managed to earn at least an Exceeds Expectations grade.

The Hogwarts Headmaster Award goes to the top house points earners from each house. The recipients for this past term are:
Gryffindor: Rowan Dream
Hufflepuff: Hermione Brontë, Ivelisse Ada, & Sirius Fudge
Ravenclaw: Polaris Black
Slytherin: February Fortescue & Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis

The Special Services to Hogwarts Award goes to those who go above and beyond with their work one way or another. For this past term the recipients are:
Hermione Brontë, for constantly impressing me with her efforts and ideas.
Polaris Black, for the hard work and amazing creativity displayed in all submissions.
Prof. Felicia Hartwick, for always keeping me on the edge of my seat with the amusing writing.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis, for the general excellency with all her work.

Congratulations to all! Thank you once again for keeping this class awesome. You can expect the rewards to be placed in your files latter today. :)
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Re: History of Hogwarts Graduations

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

I spent forever thinking of something to write for that Sorting Hat opinion question... My rambling ended with a decent answer though! Thanks for the awards! Looking forward to the second half of this class!
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

Thank you for taking the time to write and offer such a fun and challenging class :D I've really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to next term!
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Thanks for all the shinies - I love each and every one! And I too am looking forward to next term!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

I was really looking forward to the answers on the Sorting Hat question. I wasn't disappointed. :D

I'm glad you're all enjoying the class despite some challenging questions! :wub:
Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Post by Hannah R Thomas »

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Spring term Professor Phantom. Can't wait!! :D
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

We've survived another term! B)

I have offered this class in the past, and it has always been kinda my favorite because the subject feels so much like it should be canon, even though it isn't, and it had not been offered before so it's an original idea. But it has never been offered in its current full-year format, with these lessons and assignments. And I have to tell you reading everyone's answers on the opinion questions is the best thing ever in my history of grading work (and I've done quite a bit of that lol).

To summarize everyone's thoughts from this term, it appears Slytherin has the most secure Common Room - it had a major victory over Hufflepuff's Common Room which turns out we believe is the least secure. Second place belonged to Gryffindor's Common Room, and Ravenclaw's Common Room followed closely behind it. Password-based protection was favored, especially if the password was updated frequently and students knew not to share it around.

However, based on opinion throughout the course, it appears that Hufflepuff has the most desired Common Room. Warm, cozy, quiet, close to food, what's not to like? At least we have that going for us, even if everyone else can enter. ;) Slytherin's and Ravenclaw's Common Rooms come in second place; one liked because of its underwater view of the lake, the other because of its wonderful library. Gryffindor's Common Room was least desired, not because of anything in particular but it simply didn't have anything special about it.

Most thought the sliding staircase in the girl's dormitory of the Gryffindor's Common Room was probably made because girls were more trustworthy, required more privacy, and boys are more prone toward mischief. Plus there's the fact that this 'decision' was made a very long time ago, so it doesn't necessarily reflect our (more) modern times.

A few things the class was unanimous about:
- Helga Hufflepuff made the right decision by bringing in the House Elves to work in the Hogwarts Kitchen;
- Salazar Slytherin's choice to accept only pure-bloods is wrong, even though one may understand the decision back then, many many years ago;
- The secret passageways should be kept, they're fun and add another mystery layer to the Hogwarts Castle.

And finally, opinions were divided on whether or not Muggle Studies should be a mandatory course. While most agreed that it's an important course, they would not go as far as to make it mandatory and preferred leaving that choice to the students.

Anyway... I've rambled enough, no? This is gonna turn into a novella if I don't stop right about now. THEREFORE.... Congratulations to the following students for successfully earning a quill during the second term of History of Hogwarts: The Castle!
February Fortescue - (O) Outstanding
Hannah R Thomas - (O) Outstanding
Hermione Brontë - (O) Outstanding
Ivelisse Ada - (O) Outstanding

Jewel Ouderkirk - (A) Acceptable
Jonathan Young - (A) Acceptable
Livian Videl Silver - (A) Acceptable

Polaris Black (O) Outstanding
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis - (EE) Exceeds Expectations

A Shining Star of Hard Work award will be given out to everyone who had managed to earn at least an Exceeds Expectations grade.

The Hogwarts Headmaster Award goes to the top house points earners from each house. The recipients for this past term are:
February Fortescue
Hannah R Thomas & Polaris Black
Ivelisse Ada & Hermione Brontë

The Special Services to Hogwarts Award goes to those who go above and beyond with their work one way or another. For this past term the recipients are:
February Fortescue, for going above and beyond with creativity and effort on pretty much all class work!
Ivelisse Ada, for the witty commentary and overall quality of work she kept submitting throughout the whole term!

Congratulations to everyone! ^_^ Thank you for entertaining me with your hard and creative work!
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

Thank you for such a wonderful class! I thoroughly enjoyed the opinion questions, especially :D
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “History of Hogwarts: The Castle”