Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

First of all, if you haven't seen the animated Avatar: The Last Airbender tv series, stop what you're doing and go watch it!!!

All caught up now? Great!

As you may or may not know, a live-action movie version titled "The Last Airbender" came out in 2010. Most people agree, this was a terrible adaptation (pulling in at a rough 6% on Rotten Tomatoes!) that basically ripped apart all that was good and wholesome from the tv show.

In 2012, they came out with a new series called The Legend of Korra, which takes place 70 years after the end of the original show. This has pretty mixed reviews, but everyone agrees it was not as good as the original show.

To find out what happened in those 70s years (Korra does have some flashbacks/exposition) you'll have to read the comics. HOWEVER!!

Today, the original writers/creators of the show have announced Netflix will be producing a live-action version of the show. While many fans are hesitant for another live action version, this surely can't be as bad as the movie right? The original creators are on this project, and it will be a tv show instead of a movie so they will be able to expand upon all they wanted from the comics instead of trying to cram it into less than 2 hours.

What do you think? I for one am very excited to at least try it out :)
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by Astaria Rivers »

I liked the original show. I haven't been able to watch Legends of Korra yet. I heard about it when it came out. The live-action movie was awful. If I hadn't seen the original show, it may have been okay standing by itself. I'm hesitant to say that. I'll check out the Netflix version when it releases. I'm skeptical, but when the original creators are involved, that might help. The idea of it being a live action show will help.

Return to “TV Talk”