What to Watch....?

Discuss TV Show Here

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

What to Watch....?

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I have a 'To Watch' list that is beginning to catch up with my 'to read' list....which is saying something. Some things have been on it for years and may never get watched unless someone literally throws the DVDs in my direction (Friends, Game of Thrones) and some stuff I'm just waiting for the ideal time to watch (I can't wait to start Marvel's the Defenders, though I think I'll have to soldier through Iron Fist first). I often chastise myself for going with something familiar on Netflix, rather than taking the plunge and committing to a new series.

How about you guys? Are you better at actually watching things than me? Or do you have a lengthy list of your own? Are there any new shows that have shot to the top of it?
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Re: What to Watch....?

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Oh, man. :unsure: So many TV shoes to watch, so little time. Luckily, most of the TV shows I watch religiously are currently on break until Fall season (late September, early October), so I have some time to catch up on "to watch" list. Currently on it are (in no particular order):
  • American Gods
  • The Pacific
  • Band of Brothers
  • Law & Order: SVU - latest season
  • American Horror Story: Hotel - rest of season
  • Legion
  • Lost
  • Iron Fist
  • Persons Unknown
  • Blacklist - latest season
  • Sleeper Cell
  • The Wire
  • The Young Pope
  • The Handmaiden's Tale
  • Chicago Med - second season
I have way more movies on this list, than TV shows. Still, I have no idea if I will ever have the time to watch them all. Luckily, if I do not like the show, I discard it pretty quickly.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Robin Blackwood

Post by Robin Blackwood »

I became a Tv show watcher not long ago, but I have watched many of them already.

My favouriteS are:
*absolutely Game of thrones (everyone is watching it, I think)
*Merlin; I was watching this show some years ago and I am planning on repeating it. This was so marvelous and interesting (and full of magic)
*Then my third one; Once upon a time- I was shocked when I saw the first episode and some months ago I started watching it from season 1 to season 6. Now in october there is season 7 coming out. Can´t wait!
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

Season six of Blacklist, last season of Grim,and if they make it the second season of Frontier.
Image RQT 2017/18
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

I have Two different Watch lists for Netflix.... one list I watch with my Hubby and another I have just for me to watch, while he plays video games of boats and what not.... lol (a little inside joke, sorry)
But I now have Amazon watch and I need to get through my Rediculously long list from Netflix.... oh well, when the power goes out at least I can work on my book list.... hahaha
Still need to finish Grimm and Hannibal oh and my list of documentries....
Well, this topic just encourage me to go and watch... lol Good luck everyone on your lists
Momoka Oguma
No broom

Post by Momoka Oguma »

I just finished a TV series called Peaky Blinders. I enjoyed it! You can watch it on Netflix :)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Oddly, I was never the biggest tv person...and then I found Netflix. Consequently, I have (at long last) joined the ranks of people who enjoy their daily television fix. Granted, some of these are years old, but I'm enjoying them, so I guess that's what matters in the end.

Currently, I'm watching

The Crown
Ripper Street
Criminal Minds
One Day at a Time

I'm still debating on a few others, but so far that's a good start.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Aubrey Smith
No broom

Post by Aubrey Smith »

This is a topic I'm constantly stuck on, so I get your trouble. Currently, I am watching Saved By the Bell on Netflix! It is an amazing sitcom and a good comfort show! I really recommend it!!
Misty Storm
No broom

Post by Misty Storm »

Some shows I recommend watching are Green Arrow, Umbrella Academy. I also would watch NCIS it is really good if you like to watch crime type shows.
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

I never have time to watch TV or stream much, and it's not encouraged in my family, but when I do watch anything, I enjoy watching the Marvel shows on Disney+ and even some kid shows with my little sisters like Brain Games and Gabby Duran and the Unsittables.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

I'm really looking forward to The Winchesters, which is like a prequel to Supernatural. I'm also looking forward to binge watching House of the Dragon, which I still haven't started.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Scarlett Campbell
No broom

Post by Scarlett Campbell »

On my watch list for the term:

- The Umbrella Academy
- The Owl House
- Thor: The Dark World
- The Rear Window

I'm watching most of these because a friend or family member has suggested them to me.
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

I've a few shows that I religiously watch every time they drop on TV or streaming services, but those are so rare. I've got a few on my to watch list either because I don't have time to watch them, I've not decided whether they're worth my time or I'm waiting on them to get better-synced subtitles.

House of the Dragon and the latest season of The Umbrella Academy are certainly on my "as soon as I've the time" watch list. :lol:
Maeve Madden
No broom

Post by Maeve Madden »

I just started watching Wednesday (the newest addition to The Addams Family universe) and I am loving it! The acting by Jenna Ortega (who plays Wednesday) is quite good; she really nails the "dead stare" that Wednesday often gives. Two of my all time favourite movies are The Addams Family (1991) and Addams Family Values (1993), so I was really nervous that this new show wouldn't live up to my expectations. Luckily, it did, and exceeded them! Definitely worth the watch.
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

I've finished watching Wednesday. I enjoyed it and I hope they decide to make a second season. It seemed to stay true to the spirit of the Addams family and the characters personalities.
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

I might be biased because I'm so happy with the representation, but I do recommend anyone who can watch Marvel's Echo.

It's shorter than any other series, with only 5 episodes, but I think that counts as a positive because it doesn't seem bloated. Its action is very well choreographed and I love that they used an actress who is Deaf and an amputee. So many times you see able-bodied actors and actresses playing disabled people and while their intentions might be well-meaning, the reality is far different as presented in the shows. At least for the deafness, I think they portrayed it extremely well and I just love how people around her slip into sign language without much fanfare or groaning.

Even though Echo is a bit sluggish at times and some of its aspects might have used more time to develop properly, the show's strengths align with the best aspects of superhero storylines.

It's not a perfect show, I think it suffers from problems other Marvel shows have, but I think it's worth seeing past these flaws and enjoying this show!

General warning: The show is appropriate for people in their later teens onward, due to violence and some mature themes.

Return to “TV Talk”