Wand-making Introduction Post

Class led by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Wand-making Introduction Post

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Hi Witches and Wizards!

If you want to earn yourself a quick and easy 15 points, post in here!

Tell us your HOL name, your House, what year student you are and any other bits of information that you would like to share about yourself. Perhaps you could say which country you live in. Are you a pure-blood witch or a person with some Muggle blood in your ancestry? Or maybe you are witch with two Muggle parents, a miracle of your family!

However it is, post here!

Points may be earned for posting through June 15th.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Kat Silver
No broom

Re: Wand-making Introduction Post

Post by Kat Silver »

hello! My name is Kat Silver, I am in Hufflepuff house! I am on my second term as a first year. I live in the US on the east coast. I am a witch with some muggle ancestry (dad's side).

edit: points submitted - Tarma
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: points submitted - Tarma
February Fortescue
Silver Arrow

Post by February Fortescue »

Hello! I'm February Fortescue, a 3rd year Slytherin Prefect. I'm also a Student Teacher. I live in Kentucky, but I attend Hogwarts and not Ilvermorny, probably because my father used his influence. Knowing him, he probably wanted me in Durnstrang!

My parents are both pure bloods. Mom was sorted into Hufflepuff, as was my brother, who is probably one of the kindest wizards I've ever known. My dad was a Slytherin, and I tend to take after him. He has since passed.

I'm taking this class because I love symbolism, and I once made my own wand from Rowan wood. I knew someone who would make us wands at our request from a specific list of woods, but he'd never worked with Rowan. I had a Slytherin friend who lived in Utah and who had access to lots of Rowan branches and assured me it was a very hard, and not soft, wood, and offered to mail me some. I accepted and created my own wand. I'm not at all good with my hands and wasn't happy with how it turned out. This poor wand would be so embarrassed at its appearance, it would never choose me :lol: I prefer to stick to Ollivander's when given the choice. :D

Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
exquisite sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Mia Fountain
No broom

Post by Mia Fountain »

Hello, I'm Mia Fountain. I'm a 2nd year Ravenclaw Prefect. I live in Canada, and as far as I know I'm a muggle born (but maybe my parents were good at hiding their magic), but I have recently discovered that I am a triplet, along with Gail Allen (I'm not sure if anyone has let Gail know yet) and Kendra Givens.

I enjoy playing games, reading, completing puzzles, and being at home with my animals.

I don't have any previous experience making a wand, but that is what I am here to learn. I'm curious to make my wand and find out what kind of wood would suit me best, and what wand core I end up with.

Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enola Granger
No broom

Post by Enola Granger »

Hello, I am Enola Granger and I am a first year Gryffindor. I am coming from Turkey to Hogwarts -isnt far is it :D- I am a pure-blood wizard. Maybe you may heard about my brother Sherlock, he is a muggle but I dont mind it. He is very clever. My wand is Cypress wood with dragon heartstring core -confirmed by Pottermore- by the way. One day I would like to do it myself :D

Edit: points submitted - Tarma
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astor Arensin
No broom

Post by Astor Arensin »

Hi y'all! I'm Astor, a second year Ravenclaw (although I've been around 3 years now). I'm currently the class assistant for Charms, also taught by Tarma. :) I really love animals, especially crups and other canines. I used to live on a farm for 10 years.

Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

Hi there!~
My name is Lucia Dinapoli. I am a 2nd year Slytherin, Promising Student and currently write a column for the Serpentimes. I live in the north of England but after I graduate I hope to spend some time travelling before relocating to Australia where my older brother and sister live currently!

I am a half-blood witch, my mother being pureblood and my father being muggleborn. My Mum was sorted into Hufflepuff, my dad was a Gryffindor, along with all of my siblings, I am the only Slytherin in my immediate family.

I have always been interested in the craft of wand-making due to being an artist, and decided on taking this class because I love the intricacy of how they're made and how they choose their witch or wizard. I am also very interested in animals and so would love to understand the deeper meanings of their cores! I have previously made my own wand as a child - which sadly broke - but wish to continue experimenting with wandmaking. My current wand is Maple wood, 12 3/4 inches in length, slightly springy with a Phoenix feather core.

Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becky Amelia Robert
No broom

Post by Becky Amelia Robert »

Hi everyone, my name is Becky Amelia Robert, but you can call me Becky. I'm a Half-Blood. I'm a Ravenclaw, yeayyyy. I am from Indonesia. I am a first year. According to the Pottermore website, my wand is a Black walnut wood stick with a unicorn hair core, 14 ½ "and unyielding flexibility. My patronus is a fox terrier.

The reason I entered this class is because this class is interesting, very interesting to follow. I hope we can do it. become friends Thank you Prof. Tarma Amelia Black for accepting me in this class.

Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit: points submitted - Tarma
Hannah Lovegood
No broom

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

Hi. My name is Hannah Lovegood. I'm a Slytherin because I'm the sneakiest snake you ever met. I'm a first year. I'm a pure-blood like Harry. Perhaps he is a relative because my Grandma is a Potter. I live in California. I love pugs and writing books and reading books. I love meeting snakes. I love drawing. :D -_- B)

Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit: points submitted - Tarma

Return to “Wand-Making”