Double Sign-ups

Questions and Messages for Admins
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Post by Prof. Ulol Kimil »

Abigail Granger wrote:QUOTE (Abigail Granger @ Aug 1 2011, 05:41 PM) Hello Professor,

I and my cousin are signed up with the same email address (abigail.sophie.granger@gmail.com), but we are two different people and my cousin is 12 and she wanted so much to sign up to HOL, so I used my email.

Is this a double sign up? Is this a problem?

She hasn't an email address, but if it is a problem, I will change it.

I am Abigail Granger (ab865), Ravenclaw, and my cousin is Stephanie Granger (st948), Hufflepuff.
It would be good if you create a special email account for her and change it in her account.
Life without books is death...

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge
Violeta Lost
Oakshaft 79

Post by Violeta Lost »

Hello, professor!

My boyfriend signed up a couple of hours ago from my computer, so we might share the same IP address.

We're:

Violeta Lost - vi803
Alastor Timaeus - al1456

I'm just telling, in case... :)
Thanks
-I need a new siggy!-

Never tickle a sleeping dragon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Violeta Lost ~ vi803 ~ Sixth Year ~ Proud Hufflepuff
Demysel Whitewood
No broom

Post by Demysel Whitewood »

Hey, Professor Kimil!

Could you please delete Diana Ravenclaw's account? I was just playing around lol I won't get punishment, will I?
Edmund Smethwyck
Oakshaft 79

Post by Edmund Smethwyck »

I suppose I shall post just in case:

My brother just signed up for HOL, and when we're both at home, we both use the same internet, although I doubt that would become a problem unless he came on IRC and the internet location showed up as the same, which I don't think he will (he's a bookworm).

His name is Alexander Bowne, al1457, and we use different computers, e-mails, and passwords for our HOL activities. I just wanted to give the HO a heads up.

Thanks!

~Edmund Smethwyck
Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Kath Snape »

Dear Ulol,

This is the first time I have ever spotted something this weird with a student signing up for my Potions For Beginners class.

She sent in her homework but used a name Allana Anail which came up as someone who was here years ago - al1493 Allana Anail Gryffindor First Year

I put her HOL Name in but her HOL ID and HOUSE didn't match the above.

She then sent me a second email saying this was her real name and house

Allana Anail, li214, Hufflepuff

and then she sent me another email with this

Liana Anail, li214, Hufflepuff

Would you please check this out before I go through the trouble of correcting her homework only to find out something is not right.

Thanks and *hugs*

Kath Snape - Student Teacher Potions For Beginners/Advanced Potion Making
Prof. Kath Snape - Teacher of Potions For Beginners & Advanced Potion Making

WE WILL ONLY DISCOVER EXCELLENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HARD WORK!!

HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD OF IT

WAND - 8.50" Oak and Phoenix Feather
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Kath Snape wrote:QUOTE (Kath Snape @ Sep 5 2011, 08:28 PM) Dear Ulol,

This is the first time I have ever spotted something this weird with a student signing up for my Potions For Beginners class.

She sent in her homework but used a name Allana Anail which came up as someone who was here years ago - al1493 Allana Anail Gryffindor First Year

I put her HOL Name in but her HOL ID and HOUSE didn't match the above.

She then sent me a second email saying this was her real name and house

Allana Anail, li214, Hufflepuff

and then she sent me another email with this

Liana Anail, li214, Hufflepuff

Would you please check this out before I go through the trouble of correcting her homework only to find out something is not right.

Thanks and *hugs*

Kath Snape - Student Teacher Potions For Beginners/Advanced Potion Making
Liana Anail is a double of Allana Anail (al1493) and is now gone.

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge
Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Kath Snape »

Thanks Dear *hugs* :)
Prof. Kath Snape - Teacher of Potions For Beginners & Advanced Potion Making

WE WILL ONLY DISCOVER EXCELLENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HARD WORK!!

HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD OF IT

WAND - 8.50" Oak and Phoenix Feather
Prof. Opal Dragonfly
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Opal Dragonfly »

I just had what looks like a double registration try to sign up for the HP Symbolism course:

Imron Imbbey/ im824/ imbbey@gmails.com
Ria Imbbey/ ri74/ ribbey594@gmail.com (this appears twice in the list)

I haven't approved them because I suspect that one or the other will disappear. Opal
Professor Opal Dragonfly

Magical Creatures Lore I, and II
Potable Potions I, II, and III
Principles of Deep Magic I
Symbolism in HP Literature

My Web Site
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Prof. Opal wrote:QUOTE (Prof. Opal @ Sep 8 2011, 08:24 PM) I just had what looks like a double registration try to sign up for the HP Symbolism course:

Imron Imbbey/ im824/ imbbey@gmails.com
Ria Imbbey/ ri74/ ribbey594@gmail.com (this appears twice in the list)

I haven't approved them because I suspect that one or the other will disappear. Opal
Imron Imbbey is gone now

Elle Xander
No broom

Post by Elle Xander »

My husband just signed up today, obviously we share the same internet connection/IP address since we live together. We're both Gryffindors but we have different emails and passwords. So, just in case.. not double accounts!

I'm Elle Xander, el1164
He's Gale Theron, ga909

adventurer and general mischief maker
♥ 1st Year Gryffindor | Spice Squad | HOL PPC | HOL Book Club | Parchment
Ivelisse Ada
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ivelisse Ada »

I'm a little suspicious about two accounts that look quite similiar. Amelia Hartley, am1129, first year Gryff and Arianna Hartley, ar1104, also a first year gryff. They're taking the 5 classes, but 3/5 are the exact same, their first names are similiar, their profiles' "about me" are very similiar, and they joined on days that are quite close. This could of course just be sisters, as their emails are quite different and their profiles claim they're sisters, but I'm just wondering if this should be checked into or not >.>. Sorry for the bother :( !
Thank you to Prof. Kyrie Adderholt!!
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Ivelisse Ada wrote:QUOTE (Ivelisse Ada @ Sep 18 2011, 01:52 PM) I'm a little suspicious about two accounts that look quite similiar. Amelia Hartley, am1129, first year Gryff and Arianna Hartley, ar1104, also a first year gryff. They're taking the 5 classes, but 3/5 are the exact same, their first names are similiar, their profiles' "about me" are very similiar, and they joined on days that are quite close. This could of course just be sisters, as their emails are quite different and their profiles claim they're sisters, but I'm just wondering if this should be checked into or not >.>. Sorry for the bother :( !
Passwords very different, so yah, could be sisters.

Violeta Lost
Oakshaft 79

Post by Violeta Lost »

Kenzie Lovegood (ke1011)
Shayla Lovegood (sh1029)

Those are twin sisters :) Kenzie is my First Friend Adoptee and she just informed me :)
-I need a new siggy!-

Never tickle a sleeping dragon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Violeta Lost ~ vi803 ~ Sixth Year ~ Proud Hufflepuff
Rohesia Crow
No broom

Post by Rohesia Crow »

Hello Professor!

My two siblings also use HOL, we are all on the same IP until I move out in a few days. We just wanted to make sure we weren't deleted.

Alexandra Pattison (al1581) - my sister
Fred Baker (fr892) - my brother
Rohesia Crow (ro1161) - me
Kailey Jones
No broom

Post by Kailey Jones »

Hello Professor!
My younger brothers are plannning on joining HOL next term. One is planning on being named Ryan Raspberry. The other wants to be something ending in Jones.
(\___/)
(='-'=)
(")_(")
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Kailey Jones wrote:QUOTE (Kailey Jones @ Jan 2 2013, 06:54 PM) Hello Professor!
My younger brothers are plannning on joining HOL next term. One is planning on being named Ryan Raspberry. The other wants to be something ending in Jones.
Just be sure each has a unique password and other details.

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

I got a friend to sign up to HOL, with the name Harun Phantom, ID is ha1150. He used my laptop to sign up, and had to use my last name 'cause it wouldn't let him use his own one, but it's definitely not a double sign up.

So there's that. *runs off now*
Eithne Greensleeves

Post by Eithne Greensleeves »

Hi! I joined HOL in its very first year (like... 2001?) and quit after a year and a half. Since the website moved to a new server in those years, I thought my old account didn't exist anymore, but I tried to join using my old name and it says it's not available. And I can't log in with my old ID and password. Also the e-mail I used back then is not active anymore.
Would it be possible to get back my old account? (if so, feel free to delete my current account ei828)
My name was Ayne Greensleeves, ID ay025, and I was a 2nd year Gryffindor.
Thanks!
Last edited by Eithne Greensleeves on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Mark Mandrake
No broom

Post by Prof. Mark Mandrake »

Eithne Greensleeves wrote:QUOTE (Eithne Greensleeves @ Aug 26 2013, 09:09 PM) Hi! I joined HOL in its very first year (like... 2001?) and quit after a year and a half. Since the website moved to a new server in those years, I thought my old account didn't exist anymore, but I tried to join using my old name and it says it's not available. And I can't log in with my old ID and password. Also the e-mail I used back then is not active anymore.
Would it be possible to get back my old account? (if so, feel free to delete my current account ei828)
My name was Ayne Greensleeves, ID ay025, and I was a 2nd year Gryffindor.
Thanks!
Hi,

You should now be able to create a new password here based on your old HOL ID. I have also set the e-mail address associated with your old forum account to your new address, so you can use the reset password functionality on the forum to get a new password.

--Mark
Last edited by Prof. Mark Mandrake on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Mark Mandrake | pr_mar | Ravenclaw

Return to “Admin Office”