Double Sign-ups

Questions and Messages for Admins
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Post by Prof. Ulol Kimil »

Lorelei Delacour wrote:QUOTE (Lorelei Delacour @ Jul 21 2009, 08:57 PM) I made an account before this one and it was called Lorelei Dobby, HOL ID lo882, and I made a new one because I didn't want that name, and now this account was deleted, and I don't know why. I wanted to quit from my lo882 one, but apparently I have to keep it and not use the new one? I would much rather use my new account, Lorelei Delacour. Is there any way I could use that one instead of this one?

edit: Okay, so I found my account. Apparently it is a different person, under the same HOL ID. I have NO idea how this happened! It was my account, so I searched through the blog comments and found a comment I posted. But it was a different name. It's Loch Monarch. Who is that? They basically stole my account. Help! I don't know what to do. :blink: My About Me that I wrote up is still in there, too. But it's a different password. So I can't log in. How did this happen?
Lorelei Delacour was deleted as a double account, as you registered first as Lorelei Dobby, which is your original account and the only account you can use here at HOL.
When it got deleted, the id number passed to the next person to register with the letters LO as their first name. So it was no hacked or stolen.
Life without books is death...

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge
Brechtje Peerenboom
No broom

Post by Brechtje Peerenboom »

Two of my cousins (for sure) have had accounts here, but I don't believe either of them is active anymore, as they used the internet here when they visiting to set them up and keep them active, and they have said they no longer care (I called and asked them about it). Falay Marker, and Sonra (I don't know what last name she used) should be them. I just thought I'd make sure this was clear, as both of them have the similar birthday as I do (one same day, other same year) and would have had the same IP as I do now.
Last edited by Brechtje Peerenboom on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melinda Honeywell
No broom

Post by Melinda Honeywell »

I created two accounts because I thought there may have been an error with my first sign up.

(After I signed up the first time: (Melinda Teal m800 [which I would like to delete] ), I got an error message once it sorted me into a house.
Then it would not let me log into the main HOL.
I kept getting an error that there was something was wrong with either my HOL-ID or my password.

But when I signed up as Melinda Honeywell me918, (which I would like to keep.), I still got an error once it reveals my house.
And this this HOL-ID and password won't log me in either!

I am 100% sure that I have both passwords correct because I just imputted them 2 seconds before attempting a log in and back tracked my pages to double check. [no CAPS lock on or anything]

Anything that you can do to help would be wonderful!
Thank you.
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Melinda, we sually don't allow students to keep the second account they create, but by a mysterious reason the ID m800 is wrong, so we will let you keep Melinda Honeywell as your HOL account.

I checked your office and your password starts with a capital letter. Check it please. If it doesn't work, I'll email it to you.

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge
Vivyx Ventricosa
No broom

Post by Vivyx Ventricosa »

Lithia Sparks- my friend's. she signed up at my house
Tania Charmson
No broom

Post by Tania Charmson »

I'm suspended now until next January
Because I made so many accounts (I didn't read the rules, and I'm soo sorry)
My sisters are suspended too, because they don't believe that my sisters are really exist
So when we can play again, we're gonna use the same computer
and we used to do that before we're suspended

Tania Charmson: My account
Sasha Charmson: My sister's account
Nadya Charsmon: My sister's account
Katherine Black
No broom

Post by Katherine Black »

I had an account a while ago but I had deleted it because it was for a friend who wasn't using it anymore (she had no internet at the time so she used mine). When my cousin encouraged me to join, my account at one point wouldn't let me do anything :blink: . I couldn't change my profile or delete it :angry: . The only thing I could do was log in. So I have made a new account that I am using which is Katherine Black and this is the one I am using from now on ;) .
Last edited by Katherine Black on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justine Provençal
No broom

Post by Justine Provençal »

Hi! My little brother just used my laptop to sign up for HOL. His name is Tommy Provençal. Please don't delete either of us! Thanks! :)
~Justine ♥

Fourth Year ~ ju862 ~ Slytherin ~ Awesome
Dolly Frazer
Moontrimmer

Post by Dolly Frazer »

Hey,

My friend is signing up tomorrow on my computer because she'll be at my house. I can guarantee that it will not be a second account for myself and she will not sign in on my computer afterwards. I will edit this post after she signs up with her and my full names and IDs. Sorry to be a pain.

EDIT: Dolly Frazer do827 (Myself) .... Amilie Webb am1022 (Amilie)

Dolly
Last edited by Dolly Frazer on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dolly Frazer, Ravenclaw, Sixth Year, HOLLERS Assistant, Ravenclaw RP
Prof. Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Tom Foster »

Hi, i moved to canada from england so i could get to know my dad and my half sister better. i told my sister about HOL and now she wants to join HOL, but until i move back to england, it will be under the same connection, is that ok? I wouldnt want anyone to think that im making another character on HOL. Thanks.
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Tom Foster wrote:QUOTE (Tom Foster @ Jul 27 2010, 03:55 PM) Hi, i moved to canada from england so i could get to know my dad and my half sister better. i told my sister about HOL and now she wants to join HOL, but until i move back to england, it will be under the same connection, is that ok? I wouldnt want anyone to think that im making another character on HOL. Thanks.
While you don't share passwords, there's no problem sharing the same IP.

Prof. Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Tom Foster »

ok thanks.
Prof. Maquelly John
No broom

Post by Prof. Maquelly John »

My friend has signed up using my computer. His HOL name is William Moody and his ID is wi877.
Please don't delete it as it is actually my friend and not me signing up twice.
Hope OReilly
No broom

Post by Hope OReilly »

I signed up with Hope O'Reilly but it came back with Hope O/'Reilly so I went back and just did Hope OReilly with the same email.
Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi »

My friend, Corentin Cibran (co902), signed up on HOL using my laptop. I'm not sure if this might cause his account to be deleted, but I figured I'd let the HO know just in case. I do not have another account; one of me is enough ;)
Thanks Cassie Lobiesk!
Ravenclaw DHoH || Alte Editor || Sci-Fi Enthusiast
Emer Wolf
No broom

Post by Emer Wolf »

My sister and I have one.

Mine: Emer Wolf em1033

My sister: Scarlett Wolf sc842

Also my sister just made hers today, when she went to log on soon after it said her ID didnt exist. We dont know what happened.
Last edited by Emer Wolf on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Emer Wolf wrote:QUOTE (Emer Wolf @ Aug 4 2010, 09:41 PM) My sister and I have one.

My sister: Scarlett Wolf sc842

Also my sister just made hers today, when she went to log on soon after it said her ID didnt exist. We dont know what happened.

Scarlett Wolf got deleted by an admin. Did you both have the same password?
Please, tell her to register again but with a different name and very different password. And post here her new name, so we have a record that you teo share password but are different people.

Emer Wolf
No broom

Post by Emer Wolf »

My sister made a new one.

My sisters: Esme Wolf es830

Arnora Eleniel
No broom

Post by Arnora Eleniel »

My brother will be signing up on HOL later today with my computer, because his got broken. I'm just saying that, so I won't get my account deleted for double sign-ups.
Katrina Lupin
No broom

Post by Katrina Lupin »

Hi! My friend wanted to sign up,but we live together and share a computer. I just wanted to make sure that nobody thought I was signing up twice.

I'm Katrina Lupin
My friend is Georgia Sparks

Thanks!

Return to “Admin Office”