Double Sign-ups

Questions and Messages for Admins
Wendy Marid
No broom

Post by Wendy Marid »

I had gotten an e-mail about a double account even though I had only signed up for one. So, the person was inactive and I have no clue whose account it was but it e-mailed and said it was double. To make sure, also I don't want to get into trouble for something that I am confused right now. I might as well request that Emy Black (em201)'s account be deleted. I think I might have signed up when younger but forgotten about it.
"He leaned across the table, he looked me straight in the eye, and he said, "Aubrey, may I trouble you for the salt?" - Captain Jack Aubrey (Master and Commander)
Hazel Kaprano
No broom

Post by Hazel Kaprano »

Now my friend wants her account deleted. x_x Her name is Emma Santos. Can you please delete it for her? Thank you!
Hazel Kaprano | Ravenclaw
Ali Einstein
No broom

Post by Ali Einstein »

My sister signed up as Abby Einstein, as my sister, but now wants her account deleted. Please delete the Abby Einstein account. I still want my account, Ali Einstein. Thank you!
Sig and Avatar made by Cho @ Sig 'N Av Palace
Amber Skye
No broom

Post by Amber Skye »

I think I made a mistake.... I had made another account (I named it Bruce Wayne, and thought it would be automatically deleted, but it hadn't been...) Anyway, I figured I would just delete it myself (Since 'cancel account' is an option in the Office), no harm no foul, but I don't think I deleted my cookies when I re-logged in as Bruce at the HOL office, and I think the office was set to am652 at the time, and I think I may have accidentally cancelled my current account!!! Which I really really don't want to do! But when I check it, neither account seems to have been yet affected. The prefects suggested I take this problem here.... I hope this account doesn't get deleted!!!

My current account, which I want very much to keep: am652 Amber Skye
My double account, which I'm sorry about , please delete /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> : br656 Bruce Wayne
Last edited by Amber Skye on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amy M. Granger

Post by Amy M. Granger »

I have another account Amy Marie Granger but I don't want it any more so I made a new one... Can you delete my other one?
Emma Bott
No broom

Post by Emma Bott »

Nope, doesn't work like that, as Prof. Rhiannon Llewellyn explained it to you /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Corfien Calais
No broom

Post by Corfien Calais »

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be here, but..

my friend's id+Name was rejected due to invalid email (she/he didn't know the email was disabled by the provider) thus earlier today she/he made a new one with the same first 2 letters (first was Iofiel, the later Iorel, family name stays the same)

she/he got exactly the same HOL-id (io604)

the rejected id already have classes signed up, even confirmed. now the new id automatically have those classes signed up as well

- will it be a problem later on?
- which name is signed up for those classes?
she/he was going to email A Prefect (she/he was sorted into Ravenclaw) or ask it her/himself by joining the forums, but since the winter term is rapidly approaching, time becomes a consideration on it's own..

thank you in advance.
Good blood will never lie,
for worth is born instead of made.
Prof. Ulol Kimil
Comet 180

Post by Prof. Ulol Kimil »

Iorel Asthenforth (io604) appears in my office with no problems, and that joined 3 classes, but still unconfirmed in 2 of them for the moment. I think all is fine with this account and s/he can join the Roost with no problem.

But... is s/he the same as Iorel Astenforth? Then there is a problem with the name... the HOL name and the forum name are different by 1 letter (an "h")...
Last edited by Prof. Ulol Kimil on Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life without books is death...

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge
Corfien Calais
No broom

Post by Corfien Calais »

most thank you.. *bows

I just asked and yes it's the same, apparently it's typo on her/his behalf..
since the email being the same she/he can't re-register, should she/he waits until the forum application is denied ?
Good blood will never lie,
for worth is born instead of made.
Emma Bott
No broom

Post by Emma Bott »

I edited the name here in the forum. If the email needs changing as well, let me know /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Iorel Asthenforth
No broom

Post by Iorel Asthenforth »

thank you very much for all the troubles *bows*
it's fine with the email /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />
Jeremy Paul
No broom

Post by Jeremy Paul »

My little brother. He Is the one who is jeremi jay paul so dont be confused. He only went on because he wanted to annoy me and trust me he has suceeded. I Jeremy Paul, was told to post here and explain so that my registration was not deleted as a double sign up. I hope that you understand and that i can still be involved as Jeremy Paul. I hope you understand Thank you!
Emma Bott
No broom

Post by Emma Bott »

Umm... does that mean your brother doesn't really want a HOL account and we should delete the "Jeremy Jay" one? Or if he does want it, wouldn't it be easier if your brother changed his name to avoid confusion?
Jeremy Paul
No broom

Post by Jeremy Paul »

It means that he really doesnt want one and it should be deleted. Sorry for the confusion. Just delete the "Jeremi Jay" one, thanks.
Last edited by Jeremy Paul on Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penny Hung
No broom

Post by Penny Hung »

Well, my sister recently just signed up to be a professor... her name is Professor Castilla Romalda /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> and my name is (obviously) Penny Hung
Danielle Mandeville
No broom

Post by Danielle Mandeville »

Ok, well...My darling brother had signed up for hol last summer under the name of "Lionel Mandeville"...Then he went on to cancel that account (at least I think he did) and signed up with "Vancha March." He would like to have "Lionel Mandeville" deleted, if it's not too much inconvenience. Thanks /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
*If the sky is the limit, why bother trying?*

Anthony Miles
No broom

Post by Anthony Miles »

Hi Prof, my name is Anthony Miles, id (an812), i have a 2nd account under John Foxley but i wanted to change my name so i created a new account as Anthony Miles because i wanted to use my 2nd name as my 1st name here somethig more me if you now what i mean, so could you plese delete John Foxley i am very sorry about this i rushed into the sing up process and did not think my name over very will, it will not happen again sir. ps. Could you pm me or email me if you dont already do that and if it's not two much troble so i know this is sorted and i am still a student of hol under Anthony Miles.
Iman Usman
No broom

Post by Iman Usman »

Other account:

Abdi Patronusto
ab805

i want to delete it..
Last edited by Iman Usman on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tha Werkheiser
No broom

Post by Tha Werkheiser »

I have three accounts (this account, Talitha Duff and Talitha Biggerstaff). I forgot Talitha Duff's email and ID, so I made a new one. And Talitha Biggerstaff is my cousin's account, but she used my name. So, please delete my previous and my cousin's account. Thanks. *and sorry /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> *
Nassa Dikaios
No broom

Post by Nassa Dikaios »

I signed up with HOL back in 2005 but disappeared of the face of the planet for a while...when i came back about a year later..i had forgotten my hol ID and password..and from what i could find in the handbook at that time it said they were unretreivable so i created a new account. I would be very grateful if you could delete the account "Anassa Dikaios" for me.

Thank you /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
“Once bitten by a snake, a person is scared all their
life at the mere sight of a rope.â€￾~Chinese Proverb

Return to “Admin Office”