Chess

Moderator: Prefects

Ellie Warhol
No broom

Post by Ellie Warhol »

I know, I know I am a nerd, but none the less I could not find a topic for this amazing game so I had to create one. I have been playing chess for two or three years now and about a year ago joined the USCF (United States Chess Federation) so that I can have an offical raiting and compeate in tornumants. Is anybody else here compeating/what do you think of the game?
Amanda P. X. Sim
No broom

Post by Amanda P. X. Sim »

Oh I don't think you're a nerd! Chess sounds great, and to be honest, I had quite some interest for chess after HP wizard chess... lol :P Well, I am not that good at it and certainly not qualified for even the simplest of tournaments, but I do like chess. And well, I know how to play the game at least. Plus the fact that it's quite a classical game, I like it even more.

By the way Ellie, keep going on those tournaments! Good luck :)
Amanda P. X. Sim | am970 | Gryffindor | Fourth Year
"Magic lies within the hearts of those who choose to believe"
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders »

Once upon a time I played chess competatively. I had an official ranking as well as I was member of a chess club's youth devision. However I was never overly good at it, but for a time I had a huge interest in it.

The reason for it was a book like Amanda, only for me it was not Harry Potter, but a book that unfortunately has not been translated into English. The title is Caïssa however and it is essentially about Good and Evil playing chess to determain who should have dominion for the next period of time.
You then follow the characters in the book who each represent a piece on the board and follow their struggle against the other team.

It made me completely interested in chess and I started playing through a collection of games that Bobby Fisher played and started to really study it. After a while I decided I wanted to play it myself and entered the club.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Re: Chess

Post by Marie Dark »

Chess is a great game and I am not good at all but I can sit and watch this game played too.... I know some people think it's boring, but I truly enjoy different techniques and strategies.... very complex at times but very fascinating as well...
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

I actually rather enjoy the game even though I'm not terribly good at it I still enjoy playing it and watching it. Wizards chess is definitely better than muggle chess though.
Image RQT 2017/18
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

I love chess and me and my friends played it all the time, but then I moved away. In my new school I couldn't really find people who liked to play chess.

I still play chess on chess.com although it's not the same as real chess. Does anyone have a chess.com account?
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Games Talk”