Sims 3

Moderator: Prefects

Risa Swan
No broom

Post by Risa Swan »

LOL the zombies chomp on trees and plants? Epic. I may try it but...not now. Maybe after I get another new laptop (or PC) which is... 8372374839 years again >>

I did the stuff packs too. But I unistalled them when I saw the stuffs were not really useful for my sims or just wanted to clear up some memory. XD
I had High-End Loft, Fast Lane, and Town Life Stuff, now I have none of them. Lol
Last edited by Risa Swan on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alice Dove
No broom

Post by Alice Dove »

The zombies have taken over my current sims house. I have had six zombies roaming around my property growling and trying to get into my house. At one point my sim needed to go shopping for some books and groceries. My sim was running to her car and she literally stopped to look at a guy zombie. She pointed and laughed at him. I almost died laughing as the zombie chased her while she laughed. When she got in her car I saw the zombie actually get into a car of his own. That freaked me out. I really recommend getting the Supernatural EP just to enjoy the hilarity of the zombies and other supernaturals. Plus if you're into vampire shows or any vampire books you'll see some families that look very familiar. For example, the neighborhood is called Moonlight Falls which reminds me of Mystic Falls from Vampire Diaries.

They have a two person family that is Bella and her dad from Twilight. The EP has many families and houses that parody famous vampire or supernatural shows.

The stuff packs are... 'meh' in my opinion. I like them (I'm a huge collector so obviously I always end up grabbing them) but sometimes I only end up liking a few items. The items on the online store is where the items are really nice. I bought a special set that included an ice cream machine and a deep frier, it added some extra moodlets for sims to experience. Only one problem. My sims family wants to constantly eat deep fried icecream.
Risa Swan
No broom

Post by Risa Swan »

Ohhhh that's hilarious lol the zombie aren't scary, eh? I thought they set the zombies into a serious/scary type that really want to munch and kill people.. My thought was wrong XD

Well it's not a surprise if there are any from famous vampires shows or books.. Thought they might put them into the game for sure..
Is there any new vehicle from Supernatural EP? And there is fairies, right? From what I saw in its trailer, the fairies are kinda silly or something, aren't they?

I've never spent my money to buy from the online store... (I always get the free ones lol). I personally thought so though, that the items on the online store are pretty good and sometimes make me drool. XD
Last edited by Risa Swan on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alice Dove
No broom

Post by Alice Dove »

I know! I was surprised they had made zombies more comical than frightening. When I first saw zombies coming from the ground I started freaking out. I didn't know if they could get into my house or what they were going to do. I was confused when I saw a zombie start eating my trees and fruit plants.

They have three new vehicles from the Supernatural EP: Brooms, a red phone box (*cough* Tardis *cough*), and a Sylvan Motor Carriage. I have a fairy family member and haven't really learned much. They have a special lifetime goal called Magic Makeover. Magic Makeover requirements are to grant 12 sims inner beauty and reach level 10 in charisma. They added several new lifetime goals dealing with alchemy, witchcraft, and fairy magic. I know you can be a werewolf, genie, ghost, vampire, witch, fairy, or human.

Oh the items are gorgeous. Sometimes when I download pre-made houses they have stuff bought from the store. It's a bit frustrating and at times the creator doesn't tell you how much the content is. :/
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on The Sims 3. I have all of The Sims 2 expansions and love them even though I don't have time to play anymore nowadays. I tried the demo for The Sims 3 and didn't like it much, but after reading some of the comments on here, I may have to find a friend who has the game and check out the actual version.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Risa Swan
No broom

Post by Risa Swan »

So they can ride the brooms? Cool. I had to google what Tardis is btw lol (I don't watch Doctor Who so that's why). Sims inner beauty? Do sims have inner beauty now? Or is it just me who didn't know.. >_>

And we can be a genie! Sounds cool.

Yeah I had that experience too. But now everytime I want to download houses, they should have enough content's details or I won't download them. XD

If you want to get more pleasure from playing Sims 3, you also better install the EPs, Shiloh. Only the base game won't be enough lol.
Alice Dove
No broom

Post by Alice Dove »

Yep they have inner beauty now. It's sort of a gift a fairy grants to a very ugly sim who has a very good heart. The fairy gives inner beauty to the ugly sim matching the inside to the outside. I'm assuming this would also work with people who are very mean but have good looks, the inner beauty probably works as a lesson too. (Beauty and the Beast anyone?)

I agree with Risa, Shiloh you should try and install the EPs. I think they have some bundled up products that have the base game and a specific EP.
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

Ok you have officially now talked me into getting Supernatural this weekend if I can convince my husband that I really NEED it :lol:
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Risa Swan
No broom

Post by Risa Swan »

Inner beauty seems good too. (Yeah sounds like Beauty and the Beast.)

Lol Ariella. I hope I can hold myself not to get the Supernatural until 53543828 days or else I will blow up my laptop. XD
Alice Dove
No broom

Post by Alice Dove »

It would be good to wait a bit, at least by the time you get it a patch may be released to fix the bugs. The game has a few minor glitches, not big ones but they are a bit annoying. This isn't a glitch but if you get the game don't buy Bonehilda if you have pets. She keeps bothering my poor cat. She wakes him up while he's sleeping, stops him from eating, and even stops him from going to the bathroom. >.>;

I haven't really been able to fully experience the inner beauty spell but when I do I'll tell you what it's like.
Last edited by Alice Dove on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caroline Alexandra Miguel
No broom

Post by Caroline Alexandra Miguel »

I like The Sims 3, particularly for one thing — you wait a bit while the game is loading, but then you don't have to wait for anything to load. I mean, when you go out to beach or to library, you don't need to wait for anything to load. You just jump in the car and go. In TS2 it's a bit more difficult — any location requires loading. And it's, meh... annoying.

I heard TS4 will return to every location loading alone though. That what worries me a bit. Although my friends have downloaded the demo of TS4 characters creator and they say it's not that big or new. Have you tried it out? What do you think about that?
Caroline Alexandra Miguel
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

I'm currently playing TS4 and have mixed feelings on it. I love certain aspects like how much detail you can put into character creation and the new interactions (like multi-tasking, etc) are awesome. The game overall has a much more 'realistic' feel to it. However, it is a bit of bummer having to go back to the loading screens instead of the cars and right now there are only actually 4 locations they can travel to. Of course, it is the base game so that could change.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Callysta Fairley
No broom

Post by Callysta Fairley »

I like the sims 3 and I have all the expansion packs:D
There's a lot of expansion packs but I like "The Sims 3 Supernatural" the most. There's vampire, werewolves, witches, fairy, etc.
Playing this game is a lot of fun:3

Return to “Games Talk”