So I Have A New Addiction

Moderator: Prefects

Faye Laramie
Oakshaft 79

Post by Faye Laramie »

Okay, I caved. My brother's had his Wii since summer, but I only started using it around New Year's - and now I'm hooked. This is the first video game I've ever played in my life (pardoning one short bout of Katamari Damacy a few years back) and within two days I was proficient, and after a couple of weeks I was able to win on 50CC and 100CC. It helped that I had a friend who was already really good (he unlocked a bunch of stuff for me, plus taught me how to use manual).

Any other fans? What's your favourite character to play, vehicle, and race?

Another friend of mine and I used to fight over Peach, so my skilled friend unlocked Daisy, so I use her. I like the Mach Bike, I'm not so good at turning in advance yet.

My favourite races are the DK ones, plus Jungle Parkway and Mushroom Gorge. I hate Bowser's Castle as a rule as well as Grumble Volcano, Ghost Valley and Wario's Gold Mine... basically any chance I have to get burned or fall off. Most notable accomplishment: I beat my skilled friend on Rainbow Road :D
Glumbumble pie.
Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk
Cleansweep One

Post by Prof. Cassandra Lobiesk »

Hello my name is Cassandra Lobiesk, and I'm a Mario Kart-a-holic. No, really!

My cousins and friends always have this yearly tradition that whenever we got together, we'd play a version of Mario Kart. Of course, the new Wii installation just continued our tradition. We are FIERCE at Mario Kart-play. In fact, it gets so intense that we are guilty of the constant bombardment of expletives when shells come our way. Sometimes we (read: I) start singing and taunting. But of course, in the end it's always in good fun.

I do loooove using the baby characters. Ryan and I usually fight for one or the other of the babies. I win, 'cause I'm the brattier of the two. My old vehicle used to be the baby carriage, but I find that the best ones in the Wii are by far the bikes, so I adapted. Coconut Mall, Peach Beach, and Moo Moo Meadows (COWS!) are my favorites. Though, Rainbow Road is a love-hate relationship :)
Ellie Warhol
No broom

Post by Ellie Warhol »

Yes I too am addicted to Mario Kart.

I play on the Nintendo DS, since I do not have a Wii. I love the Rainbow Road course, though I can get rather mad at the course. Also I tend to like to play as Peach.
DaKeed Napper
No broom

Post by DaKeed Napper »

Just wandering around the hallways.

Looking for someone to keep Professor Winters company .....
Megaera Selwyn
No broom

Post by Megaera Selwyn »

DaKeed Napper wrote:QUOTE (DaKeed Napper @ Jan 28 2009, 11:21 PM) Just wandering around the hallways.

Looking for someone to keep Professor Winters company .....
I'd be delighted to! I do so love dastardly machinations. :P

On topic: I love Mario Kart! I haven't played the Wii version yet, but I may get it this summer. My favourite tracks are the winter ones. I pretty much pwn at MK. XD
Meg | me891
"School, nuthouse, what’s the difference when you get right down to it? Dumb rules and bad food in both places.â€￾ ~ Marco, Animorphs
Daphne M. Marin
No broom

Post by Daphne M. Marin »

There will be no kidnapping of you Meg. I will make sure all Slytherins are safe.

As for Mario Kart, I am killer at the game. I do not own the Wii version but I am the best at it. Once I do buy it, I will take anyone on.
Daphne M. Marin||Slytherin Head Prefect||Fourth Year||Student Teacher
Ardeliah Longbottom
No broom

Post by Ardeliah Longbottom »

I have the mario kart ds and I love it. I didn't realize there was one for the wii, but now I want one too. :D

Twilight = hundreds of pages of googly eyes and unrealistic stalkerish controlling romance and fainting and head-crushing-talk.
Alexia Riaper
Silver Arrow

Post by Alexia Riaper »

Oh Mario Kart, how I love thee!!! Mario Kart 64, and Mario Kart Wii - both amazing. AMAZING. I've logged far too many hours playing the games, and I've only had the Wii version since Christmas. I do believe there were a few nights where I stayed up till 3am racing against people worldwide (maybe one of them was you Faye!).

I'm a big fan of all the ladies in the game - Peach, Daisy and Rosalina. But I must say that lately I use Rosalina for the most part. I like having a female heavyweight - bump people right off the course!! (HAHAHA Kyrie). And like Faye, I'm a fan of the Mach Bike. Though there are others I still need to unlock.

(I'll have to get your Friend code from you Faye!)
Kori Marshall
No broom

Post by Kori Marshall »

I haven't gotten this game yet for the Wii, but kinda was looking towards getting it because I have Mario Kart for Nintendo 64 and loved that game then and kinda think I'd love for the Wii just as well.
It's better to be be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you're not.
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger »

I LOVE this game for DS now for Wii I can't go in a straight line! I don't have the game but someone has brought it to my house and I am horrible! But on DS I have begun to find it a little to easy. Even on 150cc and on hard I win everytime. So I guess I have to find a way to practice to get better on the Wii.
Prof. Ryan Granger | Ravenclaw Head of House | Most Likely Lost
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Re: So I Have A New Addiction

Post by Marie Dark »

I was addicted to Fable 3 but I think my addiction still stands with my first ever xbox game.... Halo Reach..... can't get enough of it. .. but unfortunately, rumor has it that Halo Reach will be gone soon.... due to not enough players.... so sad face :-(
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Re: So I Have A New Addiction

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

For awhile I was addicted to Destiny. But my other addiction is the Elder Scrolls series especially Skyrim.
Image RQT 2017/18

Return to “Games Talk”