Munchkin And Apples To Apples

Moderator: Prefects

Marguerite Davenport
No broom

Post by Marguerite Davenport »

I love Munchkin. Has anyone else played it. There was one this one time we all lost because my friend mad a level one undead chair and I couldn't kill it.
But honestly the best fun is when you put all the different decks together.

Apples to apples is also very cool. I was playing with some new friends and if you've ever played the way you win is by knowing the people you're playing with because the person whos turn it is picks the person who can claim the card.
Heres how to play
Each player is dealt seven "red apple" cards; on each is printed a noun or noun phrase (such as "Madonna", "Canada", "The Spanish Inquisition", etc.). The judge (a chosen player) draws a "green apple" card on which is printed an adjective ("scary", "frightening", "patriotic", etc.), and places it face-up on the table. From amongst their red-apple cards, each player (except the judge) chooses a card they think is the best match for the green apple card, and places it face-down. The judge shuffles the red apple cards, reads them (often aloud), and decides which noun is the best match for the adjective.
It can be really quite funny.

Has anyone else played them.
:wub:
Proud Member of the Sneer Squad & President of the Order of the Blanket
Proud D. A. MEMBER
Fifth-Year Slytherin Pure Blood

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
Lilly Piper
No broom

Post by Lilly Piper »

I don't know anything about a game named Munchkin, but I have played Apples to Apples at my friend's house in the US. We played with her whole family so we had a really big round of people and I had lots of fun. I've been going through toy sections of stores to see if I could buy the game in Germany but I couldn't find it. It's a very fun game though, especially when you play it with lots of different generations of people. I highly recommend it.
Tyler Warner
No broom

Post by Tyler Warner »

Munchkin is an awesome game! You wanna cheat? Do it if but don't get cought!

Think geek is also a pretty funny game if people are looking for some fun little card game
Nikki Walker
No broom

Post by Nikki Walker »

i love apples to apples. it's one of my favorite card games. :lol:
nikki walker

poet of the month in poetry for beginners!

year three || ni408 || slytherin ||589 pts || the gamer slyth || promising student
Astra Holt
No broom

Post by Astra Holt »

I've played both of these.

Munchkin is a lot of fun, but especially so if you mix the decks, and if you are playing with unabashed tricksters. Then it is fall-down funny, more so if you play with a couple of people who each think they are the biggest trickster (munchkin).

Apples to Apples is fun if you know your fellow players, otherwise it's just a guessing game, really. I do enjoy, though, trying to find some sort of match from a hand of cards that in no way has anything to do with the word! That leads to some really strange leaps of logic.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -G. Marx
Amaranth Wiggins
No broom

Post by Amaranth Wiggins »

I love them both, but I never have enough people to play them. :(
-Amaranth Wiggins
My first is always; my second durable; my whole without end.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Re: Munchkin And Apples To Apples

Post by Marie Dark »

Apples to Apples is a great game.... my family plays it when we go camping and we invite new people to join in..... it's a great game to meet new people

Return to “Games Talk”